PDA

View Full Version : 4-03 Zone X

35rem
09-18-2011, 10:12 PM
Planning a trip to 4-3 Zone X for the antlerless elk season end of this month. We are not interested in a big bull, just some good eating. Any advice regarding this area is welcome.

Lillypuff
09-18-2011, 10:14 PM
stay away, change your plans gong show. Get in the timber or get to know a farmer. This question has been asked many a time do a search and you find what you are looking for

mikeboehm
09-18-2011, 10:20 PM
I was up in the jaffery area from sept 1-9. Saw 12 elk all antlerless but since it was too hot they were over 1100 meters. The day we left it was a convoy. Truck after truck comming in to camp

Ddog
09-19-2011, 12:18 PM
and the most are still around. good luck in your elk hunting adventure, its a gong show.

Darksith
09-19-2011, 02:11 PM
total gong show, if you can't get a farmer to let you on his property. Where in the zone are you planning on going?

Mikey Rafiki
09-19-2011, 02:41 PM
Last year my old man had a nice cow hangin' in the shed by 9:00am first day, and that zone's an hour drive from his place.

There are places in the zone where lazy people can't drive to. Try there.

Rodd
09-19-2011, 03:35 PM
Last year my old man had a nice cow hangin' in the shed by 9:00am first day, and that zone's an hour drive from his place.

There are places in the zone where lazy people can't drive to. Try there.

Agreed! I only saw 2 trucks parked with hunters actually out hunting, during the entire weekend while we were down there. The rest were driving, driving driving!! all a guy has to do is walk 200yds from the road, and its a whole new game! I was up above a large cut block hiking, and all a guy could hear was quads everwhere... Bugling...??? No wonder the bulls are hard to get activated in that region... I think you have an excellent chance of tagging up, if your willing to get off the beaten path.. even below 1100m... IMHO Good Luck!