PDA

View Full Version : Hunter killed in Prince George..

srupp
09-18-2011, 11:25 AM
Heard through the grape vines that a Williams Lake man was killed in Prince George , when the rifle he was firing blew up and he was killed.

This was through someone on Facebook or something to that effect..:confused:

Pretty sad..

ThinAir
09-18-2011, 11:29 AM
I haven't heard anything....I sure hope not. Very sad news if true.

09-18-2011, 11:40 AM
I haven't heard anything either.

Legi0n
09-18-2011, 12:08 PM
maybe Gatehouse can shed some light?

Gateholio
09-18-2011, 12:26 PM
I haven't been to PG since last year. No clue.

Legi0n
09-18-2011, 12:29 PM
I haven't been to PG since last year. No clue.

but you know people who know people in PG, don't you ? :mrgreen:
just kidding :wink:

lightmag
09-18-2011, 03:16 PM
i live here, i've heard nothing as of yet

billjc33
09-18-2011, 03:49 PM
I haven't heard anything about this here. It's pretty safe to say if it happened you would hear about it on the news?

srupp
09-18-2011, 03:51 PM
hmmm dont know..they did mention specific names...however thats not gonna happen here..

we'll see what happens....

srr

dukester
09-18-2011, 05:55 PM
yes indeed 55 yrs old shot himself in leg with 12 g shotgun. names not important. sorry for the family and friends prayers are with you.

seanps
09-18-2011, 05:58 PM
Was it in the Red Rock area?

--

Prince George RCMP Investigating Death of Adult Male and Seriously Injured Woman in the Red Rock Area.
The Prince George RCMP is investigating a serious incident in the Red Rock area, south of Prince George. The RCMP can confirm that one adult male is dead and an adult female is in critical condition in hospital. Police are managing a large rural crime scene area at this time. Further details will be provided as they become available.

This investigation began on Saturday September 17th, when at 05:27 am, the Prince George Detachment was dispatched to a report of a suspicious vehicle in the Red Rock area (rural community south of Prince George on Hwy 97). The vehicle involved had fled the area but was then located by a witness a short distance away, down an embankment on a forest service road.

“This investigation is still at a very preliminary stage and we are not in a position to be releasing any details regarding our current findings nor any details with respect to the parties involved at this time. ” Stated Cst. Lesley Smith Prince George RCMP Media Liaison.

The Prince George RCMP Serious Crime Unit is leading the investigation with assistance from other North District and “E” Division resources. To date, the incident is limited to the individuals known to be involved and therefore does not pose a threat to the public. Police have identified both the male and female. Further information regarding the matter will be made public as the investigation progresses.

Cst. Lesley SMITH concludes “In essence right now we have a Motor Vehicle Incident and a series of other possible criminal elements to investigate which includes the death of a male and a female who has serious injuries ."

Salty
09-18-2011, 06:26 PM
WTF post a thread about rumours and coffee shop I heard this kind of bs when there's no actual facts to provide ?? Just don't get it.

silvertipp
09-18-2011, 06:29 PM
WTF post a thread about rumours and coffee shop I heard this kind of bs when there's no actual facts to provide ?? Just don't get it.

BaHa Do you want some CHEESE with all that WINE

cmc destroyer
09-19-2011, 10:01 AM
Ya Dukester... that was reported on December 28 2008... Nothing this year, just BS..

srupp
09-19-2011, 10:15 AM
Salty take a chill man...I do know the name of the idividual as I known his father..and what I got of what happened in Prince George..asked if someone had heard anything of someone being killed when a rifle blew up..

If you dont//thats fine..I was ineterested......it was hunting season and what apparntly was a tragic accident. Its not the first rifle to blow up..I work with a guy who lost an eye to an exploding rifle...it was just a question..

steven

Darksith
09-19-2011, 03:07 PM
no reason to get all huffy, srupp did nothing wrong, in fact did everything right IMO. No names, no details, just asking if anyone else has heard any news. There just might be a lesson for all of us to learn from such an incident if it did indeed occur, and he went about asking the question without feeding the rumor mill.

landphil
09-19-2011, 03:24 PM

What do you expect on the internet? Oh, right, everything else you read online is fact, right? :cool: Just messin' with ya!

pete_k
09-22-2011, 10:40 PM
September 22, 2011 - Prince George Citizen

On Sept. 17 RCMP began investigating a serious incident that left one man dead and one woman in critical condition in hospital. This incident occurred in the Red Rock area, south of Prince George.
Investigators have been able to piece together a large amount of evidence and information from various sources including the scene, autopsy and witnesses. However, the medical treatment and condition of the female have kept investigators from speaking with her. Although she is expected to recover, her condition is still serious.
At this time, investigators are able to say that the deceased male was a 29 year old former resident of Williams Lake who was residing in Prince George at the time of this incident.
The female is a 27 year old Prince George resident.
The investigation is continuing

srupp
09-22-2011, 11:21 PM
Thank you for the additional information...not everything that is reported is always accurate...folks tend to shield friends and familly when bad things happen, events are shifted to make the circumstances more palatable..

The original "events" were far different as related in my original post, I APPRECIATE the updates and the facts as reported by RCMP...

dukester
09-23-2011, 11:33 AM
i said yes indeed there was a man shot and killed himself from P.G shot himself in the leg with a 12 ga. if you had any smarts google it. god i hate smart a'sss