PDA

View Full Version : Icebreaker Alternatives

fuzzy
09-18-2011, 07:57 AM
I bought my first Icebreaker item yesterday and i think it will be my last. Dont get me wrong it seems to be great stuff but they have this little book that shows where your underwear comes from(pic of New Zealand alps) and a whole spiel about how great and wonderful and green they are and all this promotional stuff...... only to be made in China. I know, i know global economy and all that stuff but if im goin to buy friggin boxer breifs for $51 taxes in i would rather it be made not in China or if it is from China it should be reflected in price. Kuiu which is sewn in Vancouver seems like a bargain. Most stuff is made offshore and that is fine, just dont lead me down the garden path first.

So alternatives to Icebreaker underwear what are they? i will be getting some Kuiu base layer but i need something for the Crown Jewels

thanks
fuzzy

troutseeker
09-18-2011, 09:14 AM
With a name like Fuzzy, aren't you crown jewel blanketted already?:mrgreen:

Sprig
09-18-2011, 08:31 PM
Check out First-Lite they make some nice merino clothing

KevinB
09-18-2011, 09:14 PM
I have a piece of the MEC merino, it seems decent and the price is reasonable. No idea about long term durability, though. I think they make a boxer brief in merino.

I have several pairs of Icebreaker socks (kinda pricey) and I have found them to wear like iron. I tend to blow out sock heels quickly (bony skinny dude heels I guess), whatever the brand, but the icebreakers are still good with no sign of a thinning heel, even after extensive hard use.

Rotors
09-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Lulu Lemon, mens underwear are the BEST thing going, these are the only thing I have found so far that don't ride up my crack, and not that unreasonable priced.

Brad

StoneChaser
09-19-2011, 12:34 PM
I have IO BIO merino boxer briefs but it costs as much as Icebreaker.....and after using them on my last sheep hunt, worth every penny of $50 for a pair of skivies.

The KUIU merino is well priced too, have the 185, 250 and beanie.

Never thought I'd pay that much for ginch, but not once did I feel wet or chilled.

snareman1234
09-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Kuiu merino!! awesome!

The Dawg
09-19-2011, 09:24 PM
Lulu Lemon, mens underwear are the BEST thing going, these are the only thing I have found so far that don't ride up my crack, and not that unreasonable priced.

Brad

I hope to h'll thats your first post/joke. Cause no man should wear Lulu! lol

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
09-23-2011, 07:37 PM
I have a Yukon wool base layer merino . cant seem to remenber where i got it , and cant find it anywhere .