PDA

View Full Version : New guy Question

Rugernator
09-16-2011, 04:17 PM
I wanna go hunting for grouse and rabbit. I was looking on Google maps for a good area around East gate just east of Manning Park and south of Princeton and Copper mountain.

Has anyone been there lately how are the roads? Has anyone hunted grouse or rabbit there? Thanks in advance.

Any help would be appreciated.

jonz
09-16-2011, 04:22 PM
The best time for rabbit is late in the day before dark. There should be some around that area i've seen good sized ones up Whipsaw in the past.

elkdom
09-16-2011, 04:23 PM
yep! I shot a Spruce Grouse in the head with .303 Brit No1-MK5 jungle carbine back around 1971 somewhere up Whipsaw Creek ,,,

thats is the only grouse killed up that way I have heard about ,,,,,,,,,

Rugernator
09-16-2011, 04:29 PM
The best time for rabbit is late in the day before dark. There should be some around that area i've seen good sized ones up Whipsaw in the past.

Thanks, how are the roads? Are they all torn up or relatively smooth?

XPEIer
09-16-2011, 06:12 PM
Go up the Paysaten, at 6km there is a cut bank with a lot of Kinikinik on the slope, from there to 10km is great for grouse. I took my Honda civic to 3km last October, but have no idea what it is like beyond that.

Anywhere along that road is good for either.

xpeier

ruger#1
09-16-2011, 06:21 PM
I was down a few years ago where that motorhome caught fire. Got very close to the creek. Lots of rabbits and grouse. And seen two cow elk. Road was wet need a 4X4.