PDA

View Full Version : BC outdoors ..Stone sheep article

srupp
09-16-2011, 12:19 AM
Read an amazing article by our very own Greg...aka BC RAMS..on stone sheep hunting...the info was some of the best I have ever read ,highly recomended..even has a hands model demoing the siltarp water recovery..lol..hmm lloks really really like Brent.....:wink:

Greg really outdid himself with a extremely in depth , well written , authorative advanced, hunting stone sheep help , distribution, equipment, when ..a must read...

Thanks Greg, Brent...absolutley top notch article.Thorougly enjoyed , learned new tips, and tricks...

cheers
Steven

ydouask
09-16-2011, 06:31 AM
x2 Yes, cudos to BC Rams for one of the BEST articles on Sheep hunting I've ever read, most informative. Greg, as I mentioned in a PM, I'm patiently for you to write a book, your info on researching is outstanding. Hank.

lightmag
09-16-2011, 08:07 AM
what month issue

srupp
09-16-2011, 10:12 AM
fall 2011 current isssue..

steven

BromBones
09-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Will have to check that one out. His article on gear/equipment list for backpack hunting was excellent as well - I always recommend that article to first time backpack hunters as a tried and true list to get you started.

Grains
09-16-2011, 01:28 PM
I agree - great article. As an aspiring sheep hunter - I've hunted other big game, but plan on hitting the ground hard next year for a chance at a cali (didn't have time for any scouting this year) - I moved near Williams Lake, so I'm close enough now that I've got to try at least! (and Stone's are a few years down the road, I hope) - I found it an excellent read, and it will be a good reference for me in the future. Excellent work, BCRams!

pnbrock
09-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Any way it can be posted love to read it?

JohnS
09-16-2011, 01:57 PM
is there a Link to the article online?

BillBraskii
09-16-2011, 02:33 PM
I liked how he didn't burn his tent down because he wasn't to fat and lazy to pack it out.

09-16-2011, 05:08 PM
Good to hear they might have something worth Reading again.

It used to be a good Magazine but it has really tanked over the years ........ numerous editors, some not even hunters or fishermen, sounds like I need to pick this one up though.

Good Job by the sounds of it BCRAMS.

CT

Stone Sheep Steve
09-18-2011, 06:38 PM
I even learned a few things from it. Somehow a few of those points nevercame up on previous hunts:???:.

He's a certified "map junky"..no doubt about it!:-D

I think he's out chasing elk right now???

SSS

kayjayess
09-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Yea I will say that the article was very well written by BCRams. Highly informative with some excellent detail. He was helpful in planning my first Stone hunt this fall and a great guy to deal with in my experience. Thanks again Greg and keep up the good work.

PS. He wrote a great article on gear in a previous issue last year as well. Check it out.

BCbillies
09-22-2011, 05:31 PM
A great read for the rookie or the experienced sheep hunter . . . in my issue I've highlighted the "Mental Preparation" section and Brent's final quote "Hunt hard, hunt fair, leave nothing in your tank and have no regrets." Well done.

Rob
10-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Great article! Is their a link to the gear hunting list??