PDA

View Full Version : region 5-2 C moose draw.

brielle&steven
09-15-2011, 09:46 PM
Got a moose draw for region 5-2 zone c, We have spent the last 6 days and just over 1000 km/s looking for a bull but no luck. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions? thanks brielle and steven

f350ps
09-15-2011, 09:48 PM
Hmmm, SRupp in 3,2,1... K :)

srupp
09-15-2011, 09:52 PM
done..lol...Im @ work tonight...its raining like hell here.. and the temp has settled down..

I am home after 8 tommorow am...yawnnnnnn send me a PM tonight and I will give you my ph # you can call me anytime tommorrw..after work..should have some suggestions..

steven

srupp
09-15-2011, 10:22 PM
Pm sent..good luck...

steven

ravensfoot
09-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Even though it is busy with a fair number of deer hunters, the UBC forest road can sometimes yield a few moose. Also try the powerline between Knife creek and Redeau Lk Rd. There are a few swamps back there that hold some moose and if you want to go further back try the Squawk Lake area.

brielle&steven
09-16-2011, 10:54 AM
havant been to the ubc forest road, i am guessing you mean the one out towards likely. we have tryed out squawk lake area and also around the powerlines on the 2300 road. saw nothing for the 7th day today.

jonz
09-16-2011, 04:27 PM
You seeing many deer around there?

ravensfoot
09-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Up near the Squawk follow the trail that goes around the bottom (South) of the lake near the Ducks Unlimited Dam exit. Some good swampy areas back there and have always seen moose sign in there Good for walking. Just off the powerline rd going from Knife Creek to Redeau Lk rd, get out of the truck and hike in the little old spur roads that are on either side, there are swamps not too far in off the powerlines. The moose like to hang out in the nasty blow down stuff. The UBC road is accessed off the main HWY from 100 mile to Willys puddle on the north side. It's about 5 kms north of the Knife Creek Road. After the gravel pit, take the lower road and focus on the upper logging roads. If you go back to Squawk, take a look in the Lee Cabin, I left a photo of my buddies and I with our quads at the south end of the lake. Sign the guest book too.

09-16-2011, 07:32 PM
might want to look any places other then a road way ....... 1000 km's ......... nice way to hunt if your lazy, they aren't tied to local fence posts.

Find some willow, high country this time of year, water near by. Some high country swampy area's should hold some nearby

Then again, George Jones playing in the background on the stereo, heater on, jerry can's in the back ......... Coffee in hand ...

Good luck

CT