PDA

View Full Version : whitetails / elk in clearwater area??

betteroffishing
09-15-2011, 07:31 AM
going up with a posse this year for my leh moose and was wondering if i should tag up on either of these two species in case i see one. thanks BOF

doubled
09-15-2011, 07:39 AM
Haven't seen too many elk there. Elk are more towards Blue River. Odd whitey kicking around though.

bighornbob
09-15-2011, 08:00 AM
going up with a posse this year for my leh moose and was wondering if i should tag up on either of these two species in case i see one. thanks BOF

Maybe you should read the regs before you go. There is no elk season in any of Region 3. Some of the locals shoot whitetails but like in the Kamloops area you gotta know where to go for them (isolated pockets).

BHB

Looking_4_Jerky
09-15-2011, 03:55 PM
Like BHB said, no elk season, although you may run into the very odd one, particularly in the Upper Adams area. Whities tend to be in/near the valley bottom or on some of the islands of the North Thompson.

dana
09-15-2011, 04:26 PM
You can look at the elk in Region 3, just don't touch. The wolves and lions are the only ones allowed to do that. After this past winter, there ain't much to look at anymore.

betteroffishing
09-15-2011, 08:42 PM
thanks guys , i actually dont have my copy of the regs anymore , i think that a--hat martyonthewater decided to keep my copy after last years hunt , though he'll deny it till hes blue in the face , some peoples children heh. so a whitetail tag is in order and if i dont see one up clearwater way it will give me an excuse to hit the forks later in the month.

lip_ripper00
09-15-2011, 09:08 PM
thanks guys , i actually dont have my copy of the regs anymore , i think that a--hat martyonthewater decided to keep my copy after last years hunt , though he'll deny it till hes blue in the face , some peoples children heh. so a whitetail tag is in order and if i dont see one up clearwater way it will give me an excuse to hit the forks later in the month.

Jeeze I hate that when it happens, keep an eye on your gear! I hear the old man is just as bad, lol Have a good trip and good luck

Fisher-Dude
09-15-2011, 09:11 PM

Got ink?

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/

f350ps
09-17-2011, 04:07 PM
See what happens when a guy asks an honest question, 3 pages of replies as to why ya can't kill an Elk in Reg. 3. So in essence it was an excellent question to ask as a ton of people will see this post. There's many ways to answer a question, some people just choose the dick way. K

jeff
09-17-2011, 04:09 PM
See what happens when a guy asks an honest question, 3 pages of replies as to why ya can't kill an Elk in Reg. 3. So in essence it was an excellent question to ask as a ton of people will see this post. There's many ways to answer a question, some people just choose the dick way. K

so true .some people just cant help it. once a bitch always a bitch.

betteroffishing
09-17-2011, 04:36 PM
" refuses to read the regs" , what a complete waste of skin some people are. i do read the regs of the area i am hunting in , it just so happens that on the morning of my original posting i was having a coffee and looking at the new posts on the forum when the thaught occurred to me as to which tags i needed for the area , seeing as how im neither some dumbass hunter who wants to go to an area and regret not having one , nor the sleaze bag poacher who is outo kill anything on legs in any given area , and not having the regs close at hand , i posted the question. had my question to give or take a couple thousand hunters in b.c. given me mixed answers as to the legality , numbers , or even existence o said animals , i assure you i am not the guy who would have picked the answer best suited to his wishes and gone out to kill me a possibly illegal , or non-existent elk in the clearwater area . i am instead the guy who would have seen the need to look it up in the regs mysef to see it in printing that i can or can not harvest said beast. and frankly dana as far as your little tirade serving as a teachable moment to ther hunters who use this sight ... i think its fair to say your clueless as to what lesson you actually taught this day . dana's a ----- with temper controll issues is all i learned about through this.

jeff
09-17-2011, 04:54 PM
k .why is there a whole page of comments dissaperead here. there were 3 pages now only 2 . whats going on here somehow over 20 posts dissapeared ,.now how is that possible

betteroffishing
09-17-2011, 04:57 PM
i had to edit my last comment 3 times before i was happy that it was truly representative of my thaughts on the matter without crossing lines of decency and site protocalls. that may be why it shrunk , i dont know beyond that

Gateholio
09-17-2011, 04:57 PM
I edited out all the ranting and raving.

jeff
09-17-2011, 05:00 PM
well gatehouse i was kicked off this site for a week for insulting a member . well i beleive i was insulted . i dont give a shit but .one law for all right .i beleive i was called a dumbass

Gateholio
09-17-2011, 05:11 PM
In the future, use the report a post feature if you feel insulted. I didn't go over every post in detail, just scanned them and ticked DELETE if they were out of line, or if they quoted such a post.

frenchbar
09-17-2011, 05:14 PM
saturday night fever lol

betteroffishing
09-17-2011, 05:16 PM
im sorry for creating work for you gatehouse , stirring up a tempest was the last thing i wanted to do here.

Gateholio
09-17-2011, 05:23 PM
im sorry for creating work for you gatehouse , stirring up a tempest was the last thing i wanted to do here.

You just asked a simple question. No harm done.

jeff
09-17-2011, 05:33 PM
im thinking theres a bit of favoritism going on here

Gateholio
09-17-2011, 05:57 PM
im thinking theres a bit of favoritism going on here

Contact HBC owner Marc if you feel you are not being treated fairly.

SR80
09-17-2011, 06:14 PM
and the HBC soap opera continues

jeff
09-17-2011, 07:06 PM
Contact HBC owner Marc if you feel you are not being treated fairly.

i dont give a shit about being treated fairly. but what i do care about is how you altered the thread . why u only erase some . dana was being a little bitch . now all thats gone .why is that

Jagermeister
09-17-2011, 07:14 PM
The dog has gone to bed, let it lie.

Gateholio
09-17-2011, 07:29 PM
i dont give a shit about being treated fairly. but what i do care about is how you altered the thread . why u only erase some . dana was being a little bitch . now all thats gone .why is that

If you don't understand why rude posts get deleted, I can't help you.

Salty
09-17-2011, 07:37 PM
I'm starting to warm up to this thread :mrgreen:

frenchbar
09-17-2011, 07:41 PM
I'm starting to warm up to this thread :mrgreen:

ah STFU and play something rockin .....

frenchbar
09-17-2011, 07:54 PM
ah STFU and play something rockin .....

if i offended u ...2 bad ..lol

dana
09-17-2011, 08:01 PM
If people actually read the reason for my bitching then you might actually understand my feelings on the subject. Numerous elk have been shot in Region 3 over the years by people who were clueless to the regs. I don't want to see what happened in Falkland last year happen here in my backyard to bulls that I have grown fond of. If you got your feelings hurt, suck it up princess. If you can't see where I'm coming from and why you need to READ THE REGS then there probably is no hope for you.

Phreddy
09-17-2011, 08:03 PM
The old man is worse. He's had years of practice. :-)

pnbrock
09-17-2011, 08:03 PM
the people shooting your elk dont have rules!!

dana
09-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Or they just don't know the rules because they haven't READ THE REGS. Betteroff would be better off if he changed his name to betteroffreadingtheregs.

betteroffishing
09-17-2011, 08:08 PM
blah , blah , blah

dana
09-17-2011, 08:12 PM
Best of luck to ya on your moose hunt. Do you even know the unit you got drawn for or are you going to ask everyone on HBC where that is too?

Phreddy
Or they just don't know the rules because they haven't READ THE REGS. Betteroff would be better off if he changed his name to betteroffreadingtheregs.

Boy, it's a good thing God has you around to take care of these things Dana. I don't know what he or the rest of us would do without your wonderful and tactful input. Never have I heard such a magnificent example of a temper tantrum online. You the man!!! For the record I was hunting the Clearwater area when you were still crapping in a diaper, and we are going into some fairly well known territory. Hang in there sunshine. You're special.

jeff
dana just wont stop .it must be that time of the month oh maybe dana is a woman

pnbrock
09-17-2011, 08:16 PM
Dana is being short with fishing,he must be a little testy,or he might have a syndrome?

dana
09-17-2011, 08:17 PM
Jeff,
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/BCBOY/hurt-feelings-report.jpg

betteroffishing
09-17-2011, 08:22 PM
dont worry dana , your advice is something i definately DONT want nor need , thanks anyways.

Phreddy
09-17-2011, 08:26 PM
Jeff,
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/BCBOY/hurt-feelings-report.jpg

I note you haven't filled it in yet. You're the only one having the hisssy fit little girl.

dana
09-17-2011, 08:30 PM
Betteroffreadingtheregsinsteadofaskingstupidquesti onsontheweb is the one with his feelings hurt not me. Jeffthedefenderofstupidquestions also seems to have his feelings hurt too.

And if you think this is a hissyfit, you don't even have a clue as to who I am. :)

Gateholio
09-17-2011, 08:35 PM
Note:

If a bunch of your posts get deleted, adding more posts of the same nature isn't a good idea.