PDA

View Full Version : frist monashee/lumby/cherryville hunt

adamgarbett
09-14-2011, 08:34 PM
Im off tomorrow morning for my first hunt in the monashee's. im looking forward to hitting some new country and checking out some alpine. I also have some permission to hunt some farm land witch will also be a first for me. I have been told the power lines are a good place to look as well.

I hear good things about some big deer coming out of that country so heres to trying for my first trophy buck.

How is the grizzly population around there???:confused:

Thanxs for any info on the bears, and I hope i can post up some good pics when i get home

pg83
09-14-2011, 08:36 PM
Best of luck to you on your hunt. Tells us stories and show us pictures!

bosca
09-14-2011, 09:28 PM
I spotted a small grizzly on the Kate creek road (sugar lake) couples years ago.
Most of the hunting I have done in that general area is at Keefer Lake and up the Christian Valley (East Kettle River). We have had some good luck in this area... There are a lot of deer and some really big ones to.
Not my favorite country to hunt though...too thick unless your in a farmers field...or in the alpine.

Good luck

wrenchhead
09-14-2011, 09:44 PM
Ya lots of big in the alpine but they take a lot of legging and glassing. Good alpine areas between mabel and sugars valleys that hold deer. And the alpine areas above keefer lake are accessible and hold good deer. Check the map books and google earth and you wil do well. And as for grizz there's a few.

Fallen Timber
09-14-2011, 10:04 PM
I've been out in the alpine there quite a bit recently and saw a good size boar one day from a couple kms away. Decent amount of grizz sign but nothing to be too worried about, their densities are low.

Hope you have better luck than I did for deer, things seem to be pretty quiet in the high country with the heat!

adamgarbett
09-14-2011, 10:20 PM
thanx fellas. hope to come home with storys and pic's.

hillclimber
09-14-2011, 10:26 PM
Good luck on the hunt! I have google earth'd the area a bit and it looks beautiful up high. Once again good luck and post some pics up after!!!

nano
09-14-2011, 11:13 PM
Good luck and be safe!

Dirty Steve
09-15-2011, 07:05 AM
They're in the trees, not much moving up in the alpine. I would focus around 5000 ft.

doubled
09-15-2011, 07:29 AM
Listen to DS, he has it nailed. Good luck and let us know how you made out.