PDA

View Full Version : Anahim Lake MU 5-12 ZONE B HELP!!!

Rut Buck
09-14-2011, 07:09 PM
The story is that our group put in for a moose shared hunt for mu 5-13 which we thought we got but things somehow got all screwed up and it turns out that we got this draw in 5 13b and we do not know that area at all. We are suposed to be leaving in less than 2 weeks but dont even know if we should go because its a long drive and we have no idea where to go. BTW we just relized this tonight and are in a panic. Any help would be fantastic on where to go otherwise I think its a bust. Thanks so much.

srupp
09-14-2011, 07:55 PM
Rut Buck.....I am @ work all night sob sob...but will be home all day tommorow,,after a bit of a sleep.... send me a PM with your ph # and I will call.....

steven

sarg
09-14-2011, 07:56 PM
hunting is never a bust, i love going in to new area's. go and have fun and learn a new area, study ur map book and google earth to find a spot if no one has any info for u.
good luck and take lots of pic.
sarg:)

Rut Buck
09-14-2011, 08:21 PM
Sorry read my post over and we (HAVE the draw for 512B) and thought we had it for 513

sarg
09-14-2011, 08:28 PM
make sure atleast one of u have a caribou tag:) i dont know how high there will be but they're there.

Darksith
09-14-2011, 08:32 PM
you will have reduced odds for the next 3 years for moose, it would be a shame to not even make an attempt. I always enjoy my trips, even if we do strike out most of the time, but thats what happens when you venture away from home to new territories. Any fool can go back to the same spot year after year, it almost gets old after a while...I said almost!

pmj
09-14-2011, 10:38 PM
Sorry read my post over and we (HAVE the draw for 512B) and thought we had it for 513
Edit your1st post. It is very confusing.

chilcotin hillbilly
09-15-2011, 07:38 AM
LOts of moose out that way, pick a road off you atlas and go for it. Just remember, no quads allowed!!!

silvicon
09-15-2011, 09:23 AM
Lots of moose?
More like lots of indians, wolves, local poachers and loose dogs!

coast 1
09-15-2011, 11:28 AM
there are veihicle restrictions in some areas but the biggest restriction is no atvs as there are hundreds of miles of old wagon trails in that county that take you to miles of moose habitat that hold lots of moose

Blegend
09-16-2012, 03:03 PM
Any particular areas or spots to check out especially?

killer_shot
09-23-2012, 04:29 AM
There is a reason that you me and my group got that area for a seconds choice. Because no one wants to deal with the Indians. I was not to keen on riding a horse as far as we would have to in order to get to the good hunting grounds in that are but my group was still wanting to go until they found out that the indians are banning all hunting by non indians in that area. I did not check my self so its third hand info.But my understanding is that the anahim lake area was under dispute for hunting rights with the band and they one.

You may want to call the CO and see what the deal is before you take a week off to drive over there to find all the access is blocked off and full of hostiles.

TIKA 300
09-23-2012, 06:00 AM
hunting is never a bust, i love going in to new area's. go and have fun and learn a new area, study ur map book and google earth to find a spot if no one has any info for u.
good luck and take lots of pic.
sarg:)

X2 on the new areas,amazes me the diversity in this province. If you are going with family and friends,tha'ts worth it in itself....

gcreek
09-23-2012, 09:53 AM
There is a reason that you me and my group got that area for a seconds choice. Because no one wants to deal with the Indians. I was not to keen on riding a horse as far as we would have to in order to get to the good hunting grounds in that are but my group was still wanting to go until they found out that the indians are banning all hunting by non indians in that area. I did not check my self so its third hand info.But my understanding is that the anahim lake area was under dispute for hunting rights with the band and they one.

You may want to call the CO and see what the deal is before you take a week off to drive over there to find all the access is blocked off and full of hostiles.

That's BS, there are several parties hunting around here and no conflicts that I've heard of.

Sander
09-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Gcreek is right it is good to go