PDA

View Full Version : Question about Crown Land

Rainsford
09-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Hey guys I have a question for ya. My family owns a cabin up on Horne Lake and after checking several maps of the area there is only a small amount of the surrounding land that is parks (it’s a regional so I know no hunting is allowed there). Otherwise there is a small amount of strata land, a bunch of Timer West land that is on lease (from what I hear) and I have been told that there is also plenty of crown land around the area that you can only accesses through a few gated roads, which all tenants at the lake apparently have keys for. So my question is does anyone know how to go about finding maps and boundaries for crown land? I haven’t been able to find any on the net. Also I plan on contacting Timber West and asking permission but curious if anyone else here has asked permission from them and if so how they faired.
I appreciate it guys

XPEIer
09-14-2011, 05:48 PM
geo bc has a maplayer for Google Earth that shows private and crown land

Gun Dog
09-14-2011, 09:07 PM
Check out this thread (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?71673-BC-Mapping-tool) about accessing the provincial map database and land title data. There's a Google Earth interface via the GeoBC web sitetoo.

Rainsford
09-15-2011, 11:29 AM
Right on, I appreicate it guys.

Rugernator
09-15-2011, 12:01 PM
Man that Online Cadastre is hard to use.. Takes a lot of getting used to.