PDA

View Full Version : Can I bring a friend?

FatBuck
09-14-2011, 06:40 AM
I have a friend that is interested in hunting but doesn't really know much about it. He wants to tag along hunting with me to see what it's all about, but he wouldn't be aiding me in the hunt or carrying a firearm. He did say he would be willing to help me pack out the animal.

Is it against the law to bring him with me? I don't see it spelled out clearly in the regulations.

bcbrez
09-14-2011, 06:44 AM
Hell no. Bring him along. I'ts always nice to have a pack mule with you.

Paulyman
09-14-2011, 06:57 AM
It's only a crime if he doesn't bring the camp beer :)

Wood butcher
09-14-2011, 07:10 AM
Thats the way to get others who are interested in hunting involved. Take him for sure.

doubled
09-14-2011, 07:16 AM
The more the merrier. Good to have a pack mule nearby.

Caveman
09-14-2011, 07:58 AM
You may have found yourself a hunting partner.

Steeleco
09-14-2011, 08:05 AM
The only thing he's not allowed to do is pull the trigger on an animal. He can shoot at pop cans in a cut block so long as your there directly supervising him. Like the others have said, take him out. He's taken the hook, it's your job to set it!!!!!

REDGREEN
09-14-2011, 08:18 AM
You may just convert another to our hated ranks.:)

FatBuck
09-14-2011, 11:44 AM
I'm glad to hear that, It should be a lot of fun. Thank's for the replies.

Firehunter
09-14-2011, 01:19 PM
Can't reinforce the sentiment enough. 1 to get him interested and 2 PACK MULE!!!!

Mr. Dean
09-14-2011, 01:35 PM
The only thing that I can possibly see as a legality, is if he's packing a rifle with you as you go on about your merry way, looking for animals - It could *possibly* be construed that he is hunting also.

WTS, my Wife enjoyed sharing my Bear Hunts with me and I insisted that she be armed for protection. Be it me being mauled by a wounded animal or one that saw her as a potential snack or threat. IMO the *possibility* of her being injured was far more important than what the Law thought on this regard.

The experience served her well as she went out and secured her Hunter Number, last year. :mrgreen:

d6dan
09-14-2011, 01:35 PM
The only thing he's not allowed to do is pull the trigger on an animal. He can shoot at pop cans in a cut block so long as your there directly supervising him. Like the others have said, take him out. He's taken the hook, it's your job to set it!!!!!

Couldn't said it better myself!!.. Take him out and show him the ropes..

moosecamp
09-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Get him to pack the video camera and post the hunt.

FatBuck
10-01-2011, 08:20 PM
So I took my friend deer hunting with me today. We picked out a cut block to go hunt and worked up and down near a game trail on the edge. Within the first half hour of hiking at the break of dawn we came up to a couple of nice looking mule does that were 75 yards away, which were not in season. That got us pumped, but they were the last deer we saw. It rained most of the morning but was still a good hunt. He wants to go again. I think he also liked my .30-06... :o

mud-dog27
10-02-2011, 03:55 PM
good job it sounds like hes hooked

matt420
10-02-2011, 04:07 PM
take him out with you anytime, as long as he doesnt shoot at an animal its fine, and taking people out that have never hunted before is the only way to get them into hunting

FatBuck
10-29-2011, 07:04 PM
After two deer hunts at higher altitudes (only found mule does) we decided to try the valley bottom today. We got a whitetail doe this morning. It was a great hunting experience for my friend. The only bummer was that the bullet entered at the right spot but fragmented on a bone and made a huge mess. Hopefully the meat will be ok. The deer took quite a while to expire. That problem was a first for me. There were several exit wounds. I haven't seen that before. But my friend got the whole deal: walking in the bush, waiting still in the rain, stalking, tracking wounded animal, gutting & skinning, and a trip to the butcher to order roasts and jerky.

Maybe he can get licensed up for next year and we can go Elk hunting.