PDA

View Full Version : MR NICE waistbelts

fuzzy
09-13-2011, 09:59 PM
I purchased a NICE frame from MR and a Crew Cab from devilbear(thanks dewey). I have the small waistband and am a little concerned about running out of room on it. I have been walking around the neighborhood with about 70lbs lately and have noticed that i have very little room to make it any tighter. How much extra room do most of you guys have on your waistbelts. I would hate to be coming out reallly heavy and not be able to utilize the waistbelt to its full potential.

Thoughts\opinions

fuzzy

KodiakHntr
09-14-2011, 06:33 AM
Not a lot....I have a small waist belt too, and wondered the same.

However, it wasn't enough of a concern to justify going to the extra-small belt. Incidentally, I tried mine with 120lbs, just for giggles, and it wasn't a concern.

bigwhiteys
09-14-2011, 07:39 AM
I am moving down to the small waist belt from a medium... I seem to be just the right size where I hover in between sizes. Last year my waist belt wasn't tight enough on the way out and it was dragging on my a$$ for over 10 miles. Order the other waistbelt, try it out and send the one back you don't like.

You do NOT want to be "out there" with a heavy load and a waist belt that doesn't fit... That waist belt is key to the way the MR carries. If it's not tight you'll be miserable.

Carl

BCrams
09-14-2011, 08:27 AM
Fuzzy

Good to be asking those questions - You do want to use training hikes to rectify any problems you may have "before" your hunt. As Carl mentioned - he discovered it on his hunt last year when it dragged on his ass for 10 miles. Figure it out before you go.

Rattler
09-14-2011, 08:29 AM
I have a small waist belt and it appears to work fine with lots of room to cinch it down. My waist size is 32".

snareman1234
09-19-2011, 09:26 PM
im a skinny guy, 31ish waist, and my waist belt was almost touching by the time I was done sheep hunting, but never had any problems

todbartell
09-19-2011, 09:33 PM
easy to solve, eat more food

fuzzy
09-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Much cheaper for the new waistbelt, I already eat at leas 6 times a day, and dont do well on KD;)

fuzzy