PDA

View Full Version : Pemberton area hunts

killer_shot
09-13-2011, 08:19 PM
Hey all im moving up to pemberton saturday and im super excited to be back in the country close to hunting grounds right in the season.
If any of you are looking for a hunting partner that can endure long hikes doesn't complain to much and has lots of weekdays off to hunt. PM me as i'd really like to connect with some people from the local hunting community in pemberton.

cheers

Goliath
09-13-2011, 08:40 PM
Get to know Mr. Gatehouse.

He can seem cranky...but he's just brutally honest.

Tex Williams
09-13-2011, 09:23 PM
he *will* rape you

slednecksbrown
09-13-2011, 10:07 PM
I live in Whistler and hunt deer around Pemby. I can help you out.

Chris

Gateholio
09-13-2011, 11:15 PM
he *will* rape you

Well, that is brutally honest! ;)

Not even sure how much I will get to hunt this year. One surgery in late July and another one in late Sept (nothing serious, it will be better in the long run) might curtail much of my hunting this year. Hopefully I will be good for November, but I haven't been in the bush since the day before my first surgery, so I am weak and pitiful. ;)

Fisher-Dude
09-14-2011, 05:56 AM
Make sure you buy a banjo and knock out a couple of front teeth. The locals will accept you as one of their own, and let you in on the best hunting spots.

http://www.toonpool.com/user/250/files/dancing_hillbilly_playing_banjo_466725.jpg

Casagrande
09-14-2011, 08:04 AM
Make sure you buy a banjo and knock out a couple of front teeth. The locals will accept you as one of their own, and let you in on the best hunting spots.

http://www.toonpool.com/user/250/files/dancing_hillbilly_playing_banjo_466725.jpg
And you have to drive a Dodge.

killer_shot
09-14-2011, 08:48 AM
dang I new that those trips to the dentist would work against me one day !

Iron Sighted
09-14-2011, 08:24 PM
And you have to drive a Dodge.

Does that mean that none of the longtime locals will offer to show me their favorite locations because I drive a Chev? Looks like I need to trade it in...wonder how the boss will take it when I tell him I traded the company work truck in for a Dodge in the attempt to infiltrate the local hunting populace in the hope that it would get them to tell me where the best hunting is around here? Perhaps it'd just be best to buy my own Dodge to fit in,that way I can stay employed. Does it have to be a truck or will a Dodge Omni gain me acceptance?

Gateholio
09-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Depends on what colour the chev is.

Iron Sighted
09-14-2011, 08:37 PM
It is white...and sometimes it helps get Dodges unstuck at the range in the winter time : )

Gateholio
09-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Effin Dodges...;)

Iron Sighted
09-14-2011, 09:03 PM
Ha! I'd guess the snow played some part in it too, but the Dodge certainly has to bear some of the blame. Effin snow...

proguide66
09-14-2011, 11:27 PM
Hey all im moving up to pemberton saturday and im super excited to be back in the country close to hunting grounds right in the season.
If any of you are looking for a hunting partner that can endure long hikes doesn't complain to much and has lots of weekdays off to hunt. PM me as i'd really like to connect with some people from the local hunting community in pemberton.

cheers

Theres an inbred that works in a sportin goods store here.He would probably take you out , show you how to illegally guide , snag salmon in the rivers and shoot grizzlies in the guts in a no 'go' area on private land..and if your a real good NEW buddy he might sell you some dope to!...:lol::roll:...no matter what he says though , its NOT RIGHT to sleep with family!

frenchbar
09-15-2011, 07:15 AM
Theres an inbred that works in a sportin goods store here.He would probably take you out , show you how to illegally guide , snag salmon in the rivers and shoot grizzlies in the guts in a no 'go' area on private land..and if your a real good NEW buddy he might sell you some dope to!...:lol::roll:...no matter what he says though , its NOT RIGHT to sleep with family!

hahaha...made my first visit into the sportshop last weekend with the wife...first words out of the fellas mouth were 'you dont live around here do ya boy '..i thought to myself ..lets get the f--- outa here ...got out the door and the wife says ...he was eyeing up your ass...i had a good chuckle and said lets get going home where at least most folk have their bottom set of teeth at least...lol

pnbrock
09-15-2011, 08:22 AM
Too funny!!!

Casagrande
09-15-2011, 08:30 AM
Might have to make a trip back for the next PWA meeting after that one!

Nathaniel Poe
09-15-2011, 09:52 AM
hahaha...made my first visit into the sportshop last weekend with the wife...first words out of the fellas mouth were 'you dont live around here do ya boy '..i thought to myself ..lets get the f--- outa here ...got out the door and the wife says ...he was eyeing up your ass...i had a good chuckle and said lets get going home where at least most folk have their bottom set of teeth at least...lol

LOL!! Drove through Pemberton for the first time a couple of years ago, was getting gas and the wife decides to go next door to that store to grab me a road trip present. She came out less than minute later and said it was a creep show and she was never going back in there and everything was 3 times the price of Wholesale Sports in Edmonton anyway! LOL!!

proguide66
09-15-2011, 03:09 PM
LOL!! Drove through Pemberton for the first time a couple of years ago, was getting gas and the wife decides to go next door to that store to grab me a road trip present. She came out less than minute later and said it was a creep show and she was never going back in there and everything was 3 times the price of Wholesale Sports in Edmonton anyway! LOL!!
Myself an respected sportsmen freinds would rather take the ferry to Seachelt to buy a deer tag if it was the only alternative...:evil:

Casagrande
09-15-2011, 04:15 PM
Myself an respected sportsmen freinds would rather take the ferry to Seachelt to buy a deer tag if it was the only alternative...:evil:
Now I AM making the trip back for the next PWA meeting!

proguide66
09-15-2011, 05:10 PM
Now I AM making the trip back for the next PWA meeting!
Actually 'Killer' , this is a great idea. Look up our website ' Pemberton Wildlife Association' ( BCWF chapter) and join up. Gives you access to our top notch range ( might see the odd fat inbred drinking and shooting there but we'r on that problem) , archery range and club news ect , mountain goat count , annual deer count as well fall end hunting contests.
Give Gatehouse a 'pm' for info as he is our Grand Poohbah President
If you need license or ammo ect make sure you get it before you come up here then you wont have to see living proof that sons and fathers breed..and will save %50 of your money:mrgreen:...:lol:

Casagrande
09-15-2011, 05:23 PM
Actually 'Killer' , this is a great idea. Look up our website ' Pemberton Wildlife Association' ( BCWF chapter) and join up. Gives you access to our top notch range ( might see the odd fat inbred drinking and shooting there but we'r on that problem) , archery range and club news ect , mountain goat count , annual deer count as well fall end hunting contests.
Give Gatehouse a 'pm' for info as he is our Grand Poohbah President
If you need license or ammo ect make sure you get it before you come up here then you wont have to see living proof that sons and fathers breed..and will save %50 of your money:mrgreen:...:lol:
You're on a roll dude!

Gateholio
09-15-2011, 09:59 PM
Okay guys, quit the hijack....sheesh...

Killer shot, hope you make out well. Lots of places to hunt around Pemberton, Hurley and Duffy Lake Road, Darcy, etc. Pretty much any Forest Service Road from Lions Bay to Lilloooet will take you somewhere there is deer. Just remember it's pretty steep and thick coastal brush.

Buckzilla
09-16-2011, 07:36 AM
Ya but is the dope any good? ??

Buckzilla
09-16-2011, 07:38 AM
Definately keep us posted for the "smack-down" cage match date and location...

proguide66
09-16-2011, 07:45 PM
Definately keep us posted for the "smack-down" cage match date and location...
I allready offered , ran with tail tucked next to mangina....

Casagrande
09-16-2011, 07:51 PM
I allready offered , ran with tail tucked next to mangina....
Porch session in full swing already? Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezus! Must be the left-over opium kicking in.

pembified
09-17-2011, 06:53 PM
Little known fact that pud wally is a PR satellite for Reliable. Best place to go if you feel $17.99 is too little for a box of 30.06 It shoots better if you pay $25 for it.