PDA

View Full Version : Region 5-02

Dayto
09-13-2011, 07:54 PM
Just wondering how the huntings been? Got a bull draw up there have not been there for 3 years ..hunted the 700rd before rocket rd etc...just wondering whats new

shed-hunter1
09-13-2011, 09:52 PM
its sucks natives killing everthing

odie1830
09-13-2011, 09:54 PM
5-2 A or b

Dayto
09-25-2011, 10:29 PM
5 02 D , any more info heading oct 15

JoshCampbell
09-26-2011, 07:50 AM
there are no trees left out nyland lake area, that is fairly new

srupp
09-26-2011, 07:58 AM
far less moose sign in that area than I would have anticipated..Mike has the draw for Oct 1-15..so far the hunting camps outnumber the moose..13 hunting camps vs 2 cow moose..

No deer and one little berry munching bear..

Most camps were very disapointed at lack of sign...talk about shots at night...and wolf activity....

What did surprise me was the huge increase in alcohol consumption...there were stacks of tines.beer bottles and big industrial sizes of alcohol...in most camps...

So far 5:02D HAS BEEN A TOUGH GO...in all the camps from North to the boundry and south to the valley river...no moose harvested...several very nice bucks..and a couple small deer..

may be atough row to hoe...

steven

Dayto
09-26-2011, 09:55 AM
Yes we had the wolves come into camp a few years back . and we also came across 12 grizzlys i thought they were un heard of there but guess not!

srupp
09-26-2011, 10:27 AM
hmmmm lots of G bears wander WEST from Wolverine Mtn northward..some of the biggest G bears I have seen have been up there Betty Franks tells of her biggest G bear spotting was up towards there.."looked like a moose" stood to her chest on all 4's..

steven

MuleyMadness
09-26-2011, 02:37 PM
The weather does seem to be turning though...hopefully that will help things out. Starting to feel like hunting weather out there now.

LYKTOHUNT
09-27-2011, 07:53 AM
They are starting to talk now so it should be getting easier to find one.
I called a bull out of the timber yesterday from the first call I made to when I plugged him took about 2 minutes, every step he made he made that grunt noise so it was pretty exciting, got him to about 50 yards and and two shots in the neck with my new 260 ( thanks bartell ) did the job.
This is in region 5-02d and I know for sure of 4 bulls taken ( we got two ) from there in one small area, with sightings of at least three others.
No they are not behind every tree but they are there and it will get going pretty good in the next couple of weeks

srupp
09-27-2011, 10:12 AM
yup some moose coming out..a phone call last night regarding 2 moose...and a couple e-mails this am regarding 2 more.....so some are being harvested...its just starting to cool down @ night..been REALLY WINDY..like 120 kph..trees down..= be careful////]]]]]]]]]..

still a LOT of night shooting going on...

steven

thereshope
09-27-2011, 07:38 PM
5-02 B very quite for moose, my son did manage to get bull sunday 200 yds off road, but spoke to others that have not seen anything, one camp there for 10days and nothing

mrak
09-27-2011, 09:22 PM
its sucks natives killing everthing

and the ones on the bradly creek road ,,no tag no lic. no care as on welfare....and none natives.... oh the one who works can pay

meat keeper
09-27-2011, 09:31 PM
My tag is good for the 15th too.Havn't been there for 2 years myself lots of grizzly's around.Makes the big bulls a little spooky.

srupp
09-28-2011, 07:55 AM
hmmm even had 2 grizzlies in Williams Creek like the golf course..thats close

We head out in 48 hrs

ravensfoot
10-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Just got back from 7 days up there. 6 bulls taken out just before we arrived, Barely any sign on the ground. Didn't see one single moose, except for the left-overs of the ones harvested. We stayed in the Maud lake site and hit every single swamp in that area. Only saw 6 does and one blackie. Tonnes of bear shite full of blue berries. Wolfe tracks and one huge cougar was spotted at the 500/2700 intersection. Yes there were tales of a few camps with lots of beverages, some in those camps even walked out with tags filled. We caught a couple of nice rainbows though. Yes there are huge swaths of cut blocks, feels like being on the moon sometimes. I will not be returning to this place again. Can't stand the undergrowth that reaches up to 8 feet high. way too tough for doing any kind of hiking in to the back of a swamp.
Camps at Maud filled to the brim when we left. Hope they have better luck than us.