PDA

View Full Version : two more sleeps

bckev
09-08-2006, 03:08 PM
Two more sleeps and I can carry my gun when I go walking in the bush. Good luck everyone, but please some for me. :)

Steeleco
09-08-2006, 03:13 PM
One more here!!! Bears Saturday and both Sunday. Won't come fast enough!! Good luck

stanway
09-08-2006, 03:26 PM
One more here!!! Bears Saturday and both Sunday. Won't come fast enough!! Good luck

Good luck David.

I am looking forward to seeing pictures of the deer you get when you are bear hunting. :wink::lol::lol::lol:

Steeleco
09-08-2006, 04:02 PM
Yeah the mulies will be all over on Saturday :mad::mad:

DropTines
09-08-2006, 04:06 PM
Yea I was excited to hunt in 2 days but the smoke here is so bad the sky is yellowy orange and really thick, kinda blows...
________
HONDA ELEMENT SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_Element)

Steeleco
09-08-2006, 06:09 PM
I know this has been covered on the other thread, but as thick as it might get, the kritters need ot go somewhere I just hope that somewhere is where I am. Just think of it as a big ass drive pushing them all your way!!!

DropTines
09-08-2006, 06:10 PM
yea you got a point, but the smoke sucks when you have asthma
________
Extreme vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/extreme-vaporizer)

bsa30-06
09-08-2006, 06:35 PM
Yeah the mulies will be all over on Saturday :mad::mad:

and nowhere to be found on sunday!!!!

Steeleco
09-08-2006, 09:41 PM
and nowhere to be found on sunday!!!!
You nailed it my man!!!
I'm packing my good luck charm this time, my Son!!! he can spot animals like nothing else. Sometimes when they're not even there!!!!!

DropTines
09-08-2006, 10:06 PM
haha sounds like me
________
Suzuki dr800s (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Suzuki_DR800S)

Bigbuckadams
09-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Good luck all! Just a tad jealous though, I don't get to go 'til Tuesday:frown: .
Hate when that "work" thing gets in the way of my outdoors time :lol: .

DropTines
09-08-2006, 11:08 PM
you aren't the only one

stanway
09-09-2006, 07:01 PM
You nailed it my man!!!
I'm packing my good luck charm this time, my Son!!! he can spot animals like nothing else. Sometimes when they're not even there!!!!!

I don't know, he's pretty good. I've seen the pictures.:wink:

:lol:

Steeleco
09-10-2006, 07:18 PM
Well guys, the grouse were everywhere Saturday, "Figures" we did MESS up on a nice 2x2 mulie above Murray lake on the 9th. We watched him for 10 min he never even cared, I drove on for 5 minutes and then remembered #1 son has a junior licence. Nail the brakes, pull the regs, OMG there's a junior season for ANY BUCK. You won't believe the turning radius of that Cherokee on a tiny logging road. Get back sure as s#$t he's still there.

My son has had some range time with my 6mm Rem but not my .06 by the time we got him set up, the young buck walked into thick brush never to be seen again. So YEAH Dad's a dolt!!! If he wasn't hooked before he is now!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/steeleco/IMG_1094.jpg

ex bc guide
09-10-2006, 07:42 PM
sounds like lots of fun Dave,good to see that your son had a chance!

Steeleco
09-10-2006, 08:52 PM
Thanks EX. Took him to get some grouse, nearly ended up with venison. He counted 23 ditch chickens yesterday, only saw 3 today, but we were trying to nail a nice mulie, that never gave us enough time to count points. He was in the same spot as mine and Chappy's bucks last fall. I'll be back on the 1st or so, when counting points ain't needed!!!!

bckev
09-11-2006, 09:03 AM
Well I made it. We went out and scouted the night before. Saw a cute little doe and then found a big bull. The bull had lost his voice his bugle sounded like he had asthma. We went back opening morning only to find the local guide had trucks parked on all the roads in such a way that no one could get past and he had set up two customers for the same elk. Don't know if he got him. We did find some elk later in thick bush but couldn't chase them out to see what they had. Spooked up one nice muley. It was so hot and dusty that we packed it in the afternoon and went home. Will try again mid week hopefully.

Rob
09-11-2006, 09:43 AM
well that was awfully nice of the guide:rolleyes: he's lucky he still had air in his tires when he returned.

Steeleco
09-11-2006, 12:19 PM
well that was awfully nice of the guide:rolleyes: he's lucky he still had air in his tires when he returned.

Jerks like that need reporting, they give a bad name to all the good guides that are out there.

Elkhound
09-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Hey Dave...Nice pic. Great quartering away shot for the 06:lol:

Tell your son...."I did it on purpose, the moral I was trying to teach you was always read and memorize the regs so you don't screw up on a monster"......yeah, thats it:lol:

DropTines
09-11-2006, 06:11 PM
haha nice Idea, your son will get one sooner or later, tell him Elkhounds advice or tell your son you knew if he let it go he would see a bigger buck late in the year
________
Xxx Tube (http://www.****tube.com/)