PDA

View Full Version : Want to call bull moose

russm86
09-13-2011, 02:54 PM
Any members in the Kamloops area going to be doing any calling for bull moose this fall? My group has a draw in 5-something, can't remember sub-zone off top of my head, and I wouldn't mind learning how to do some calling before our hunt in late October. Maybe I could even tag along on an outing or hunt to see it happen, never even seen anyone do it myself, it's magic as far as I'm concerned, LOL.

Stumpy
09-13-2011, 03:06 PM
What are you calling them?

burger
09-13-2011, 03:25 PM
There are a few videos online. There may even be a DVD you can buy with tips and tricks. I put up a topic before looking for moose calling resources and either I had a reply from some members of I found them on another search but someone on here posted a good link to a great video. Guy gets called by his wife halfway thru the video to answer the phone. Gives great tips.

stroh72
09-13-2011, 03:57 PM
Spend a evening watching youtube..lottsa callin. Its nothing you can just learn to a high profeciency. It will take time as to learn pitch, volume and timing...cow or bull?? A lot of us have seen moose come in to all types of calls..tin cans with shoe strings, birch barks and my favorite your own voice with hands. Try and figure out what you think sounds the best with your own ability. Remember just cause they aren't answering doesn't mean they are not coming in. Keep your senses on edge and have fun!