PDA

View Full Version : Any bones/trim/waste? I'll pick it up!

Kayte
09-13-2011, 08:32 AM
I don't post much on here, but I lurk (a lot :oops: ).

I just wanted to put it out there, that if anyone in the lower mainland/fraser valley brings home a deer/moose/elk/goat/etc and has bones and/or trim or 'waste' of some sort (freezer burnt from seasons past is great too), let me know before you toss it out!

I'm trying to stock up my freezer for dog food, and she's not picky (and i'm not squeamish ;) ), she'll pretty much eat anything :)

I'm in the tri-city area, but I'm ready and willing to drive all over hells half acre to pick up anything that would otherwise end up in the bin.

thanks guys :-D

tash
09-13-2011, 08:39 AM
Talk to your local game cutters.
My experience has been that they are generally fine with letting someone pick through their scrap bin. Means less waste that they have to deal with...

Also, consider posting on craiglists and kijiji. You never know what you may turn up.

Kayte
09-13-2011, 08:46 AM
Also, consider posting on craiglists and kijiji. You never know what you may turn up.
I just did that :)

I'll call up the game cutters this week. thanks for the tips!

Steeleco
09-13-2011, 09:12 AM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?71604-Free-deer-sausage&highlight=sausage contact this kind gent, I said I'd take it next week if not taken by someone else, I don't really "need" it as I'm doing OK at the moment and have a few good guys here that feed my beast!!

Also as one of my donators is a prolific hunter, should I have too much, I'll let you know.

Steeleco
09-13-2011, 09:13 AM
Don't be suprised if your adds get flagged, mine did a while back. Those sites are surfed by morons that think steaks are made at Safeway.

Kayte
09-13-2011, 09:24 AM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?71604-Free-deer-sausage&highlight=sausage contact this kind gent, I said I'd take it next week if not taken by someone else, I don't really "need" it as I'm doing OK at the moment and have a few good guys here that feed my beast!!

Also as one of my donators is a prolific hunter, should I have too much, I'll let you know.
thanks! unfortunately, the sausage would probably cause serious tapass with my dog :roll: she can eat any meat, but it's the added 'stuff' that just wrecks her stomach. that's why we switched to raw many years ago, she just couldn't handle kibble or any other additives. (she's a bit... "special" :lol:)

absolutely any plain meat/bones/organ/whatever is fine with her tho, so any extras you might get (or any other tips for sources) would be very much appreciated. thanks! :-D

lip_ripper00
09-13-2011, 11:20 AM
[QUOTE=Steeleco;976961 Also as one of my donators is a prolific hunter, should I have too much, I'll let you know.[/QUOTE]

Yep it's a good thing you have Shane around to fill your freezer!!!

Steeleco
09-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Yep it's a good thing you have Shane around to fill your freezer!!! Not so far you wanker!!! I'm thinking our worldly hunter that lives only a few blocks away, dat guy!!!!

Fair enough Kayte, lets hope for a good season for all!!

Kayte
09-21-2011, 01:46 PM
Bump!
anyone going hunting this weekend? ;)

lip_ripper00
09-21-2011, 03:46 PM
Hi Katye
It was nice to meet you last fall, We are heading out a week Friday for two weeks have a couple of bull tags in our pockets, if we are successful I will give you a call!

Kayte
09-21-2011, 06:08 PM
awesome, thanks! and good luck on your hunting trip :)

Doe See Doe
09-22-2011, 06:26 AM
Just finishing butchering up a moose, a small one.

I usually give Steelco the bones, but sounds like he has enough right now, so you're welcome to them.
The bones are in the freezer so no rush.
I'll let you know when I'm done.

Steeleco
09-22-2011, 08:37 AM
Right you are, I think that damn dog of mine is still chewing on one or two!! Kayte, take lots of boxes, this girl doesn't do anything small scale!!

Kayte
09-22-2011, 08:45 AM
thanks, you guys are awesome!
doe see doe - just shoot me a message to let me know when and where to show up and i'll be there :)

lip_ripper00
10-23-2011, 10:21 PM
Hi Kayte

Thanks for the prompt service in picking up all the bones and trim! After processing 3 good sized bulls this week end it was one less thing to worry about,
thanks Steve

Kayte
10-24-2011, 09:07 AM
Hi Kayte

Thanks for the prompt service in picking up all the bones and trim! After processing 3 good sized bulls this week end it was one less thing to worry about,
thanks Steve
not a problem, thank you for filling my freezer! the dogs love it :)