PDA

View Full Version : Pinks in the Vedder?

Ben Fougere
09-13-2011, 02:15 AM
Does anyone know if the pinks have showed up in the vedder yet?

Coming down Sept 23. Hope I hit it just right.

winchester284
09-13-2011, 07:47 AM
They are starting to show up. The commercial fisheries in the ocean have had an impact but they are apparently finished by friday. By the 23rd it should be boiling with pinks in the Vedder.

crazybushcreature
09-13-2011, 07:23 PM
was out by in the mouth of the vedder today and landed around 30 on the fly rod and lost some more. Thats was within a few hours

Carnivore King
09-13-2011, 07:44 PM
was out by in the mouth of the vedder today and landed around 30 on the fly rod and lost some more. Thats was within a few hours

Are they in the upper part aswell?

Carnivore King
09-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Any pinks, springs, or coho being caught upper river?

mr eagle
09-14-2011, 08:27 PM
Coho being caught at first light on good roe, on the lower river.

crazybushcreature
09-14-2011, 08:28 PM
i havent heard much about the upper river yet. Coho are very few and far between. they dont start coming in really for a few weeks. There is a few springs kicking around. And the pinks are starting in the lower canal.

recoil
09-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Fished it mid to upper river last weekend, a few pinks around but they weren't hitting anything. Did manage to hook a chrome coho and lost it and also a jack spring, should pick up when we finally get some rain.

Camp Cook
09-15-2011, 03:53 PM
I found a tiny honey hole for pinks last night caught and released over 30 males in about 2 hours I kept 4 females that I gave to my neighbours I also helped a young fellow gave him a jig and showed him how to use it he was into fish immediately...

I was using a little pink jig and a slip float so I could keep my jig pulls almost straight up and down plus I could see exactly where my line was...

I was fishing between snags lost 2 jigs and 2 lures.

Camp Cook
09-16-2011, 06:17 AM
We went back again last night I took my 4 1/2 year old and my neighbour with his 3 girls there were also the same neighbourhood girls and the ones boyfriend we had appr 15 pinks on in 1/2 hour I was hooking the fish and handing the rod to my neighbour or helping the kids reel them in.

Just think with those 4 kids along = 4 fish each... :mrgreen:

It was quite the show for the kids they were all sitting along the bank looking down to the river oh man what a place...

Carnivore King
09-16-2011, 08:07 AM
sounds like a good experience for the kids. Was that lower river? Would it be worth trying near the prison?

Camp Cook
09-16-2011, 10:46 AM
Lower river have no idea if up at the prison would be good, I've only fished the same small 50 yard part of the river since I moved here in March I catch steelhead/springs and now pinks in the same hole so have no reason to go anywhere else and no I am not sharing my honey holes location.... :)