PDA

View Full Version : Marked fuel in ft nelson

white moose
09-12-2011, 09:17 PM
We are heading up the muskwa on the 17th, and need some fuel for the jetboat. Was wondering if a guy could purchase marked gas somewhere. Also ,once you turn into the kledo boat launch, is it a straight drive in? or is there some directions, thanks WM.

ryanb
09-12-2011, 10:44 PM
The road to the boat launch is marked on the highway, and is a straight shot once you take the turn off. Watchout when you launch, there is a hole at the launch and it gets shallow RIGHT AWAY...lol.

pathfinder55
09-12-2011, 10:57 PM
I have always bought marked fuel at one of the bulk fuel stations just after the mill.....\peter

Rock Doctor
09-13-2011, 09:27 AM
I have always bought marked fuel at one of the bulk fuel stations just after the mill.....\peter

As mentioned, the Bulk Plants South of town have it. Also the Imperial Bulk Plant in town has Purple. (Last Building on the Left before you leave town is the Elks Lodge. Turn off the Highway, to the Left, Drive between the Elks Lodge and the Water Park, and head straight towards the Bulk Fuel Depot. If you get to the Garbage Transfer Station, you went to far.

To the Launch, off the Highway, there are a couple branches off the road, but stick to the main road, and you will be fine. As mentioned, just downstream of the launch is a shallow spot. Don't turn off the Highway right at Kledo Creek (Bridge), that's the wrong access. The right way in is a few more Km's up the highway, just after you crest a bit of a blind hill, the turn is to the left (bit hard to see if you are not expecting it)

RD

Stumpy
09-13-2011, 01:21 PM
Not sure what you are referring to? How do they mark the fuel (like 87 or 90)? In my boat we have to mix the gas but it doesn't matter what mark you use.

okanagan
09-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Not sure what you are referring to? How do they mark the fuel (like 87 or 90)? In my boat we have to mix the gas but it doesn't matter what mark you use.

I believe thay are refering to purple gas (farm gas)

Stumpy
09-13-2011, 01:41 PM
If you use farm gas in your boat do you need Ag plates on your boat?

f350ps
09-13-2011, 01:46 PM
If you use farm gas in your boat do you need Ag plates on your boat?

Of course you do, and brake lights! :) K

Stumpy
09-13-2011, 01:52 PM
I hope you are not being faseeshis. I agree with having brake lights on your boat when you are boating at night but I have never seen brake lights on a boat in the daylight unless maybe it's a yacht.

Goliath
09-13-2011, 03:01 PM
Rock Doc describes it all well.

Marked gas...south of town...the mills are closed now, but it's by the Canfor Polarboard OSB (formerly Slocan) & Tackama plywood mills.