PDA

View Full Version : Goose schnitzel

Foxton Gundogs
09-12-2011, 05:26 PM
OK yesterdays kill almost ready for the table. Goose Schnitzel my new favorate thing. Soaked the breast in salt water over night then pinapple juice for the day. Pounded the crap out of them with the big tenderizing mallet,. dredge in flour then an eggwash with a bit of hotsauce mixed in, then flour and egg again. Final coating of cornflake crumbs, garlic, poultry seasoning, season salt and pepper I also added a bit of curry powder. Deep fry, top with sautaied onions and mushrooms. Coating spices and topping/sauce can be changed to your taste. ALMOST as good as shooting them
:lol::lol::lol:MMMMMM

naes
09-12-2011, 08:16 PM
Sounds good :)

Bistchen
09-12-2011, 10:10 PM
You just made me hungry at 10pm. Time to go to bed and all I can think about is a Schnitzel. Damn you MAN! :evil:

Great receipe by the way !!:)

Stone Sheep Steve
10-29-2017, 06:52 PM
Bumping this one. Made it a couple years ago and it was awesome! My daughter ate it for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Got some geese and going to make it again!

mpotzold
10-29-2017, 10:49 PM
OK yesterdays kill almost ready for the table. Goose Schnitzel my new favorate thing. Soaked the breast in salt water over night then pinapple juice for the day. Pounded the crap out of them with the big tenderizing mallet,. dredge in flour then an eggwash with a bit of hotsauce mixed in, then flour and egg again. Final coating of cornflake crumbs, garlic, poultry seasoning, season salt and pepper I also added a bit of curry powder. Deep fry, top with sautaied onions and mushrooms. Coating spices and topping/sauce can be changed to your taste. ALMOST as good as shooting them
:lol::lol::lol:MMMMMM

I guess that depends if you like goose meat!:mrgreen:
As for me- can't stomach goose, duck, turkey & chicken dark meat or mutton.
IMO -It's hard to beat veal schnitzel for taste!:-D
I know this is an old thread but forgot to mention that Eve(wife) would probably agree with you!

264mag
12-02-2017, 09:56 AM
Here's a tip for cutlets/schnitzel. Use Frosted Flakes instead of corn flakes. Adds a sweet crunch.

tigrr
12-02-2017, 09:29 PM
Who does all the work? I was going to say these must be coastal geese!!

rbduck
12-02-2017, 09:44 PM
Got me a whole bunch of Manitoba grain fed geese gonna be tryin this on.

Ron

Foxton Gundogs
12-03-2017, 11:42 AM
Who does all the work? I was going to say these must be coastal geese!!

Works pretty good with Springhouse and Miocene Geese as well, lol

Surrey Boy
12-03-2017, 01:51 PM
Thanks for posting.