PDA

View Full Version : Very knowledgeable, and willing to share it

Big Lew
09-11-2011, 07:15 PM
I wish to express my sincere and utmost appreciation to Steve (Srupp) for his unselfish, gracious, and charitable sharing of his considerable knowledge to everyone, including complete strangers on this site. He has recently volunteered information to me as well, thanks.

Morel
09-11-2011, 07:29 PM
I am new to hunting and have gotten a lot of great advice from people on this site. Thanks and cheers!

fuzzy
09-11-2011, 08:02 PM
x3
Srupp is a stand up guy, takes the time out of his busy schedule to reply to pms and make phonecalls on his dime to perfect strangers in order to help out there hunts. Thank you and your family for the time that set aside to do this!

fuzzy

Dirty Steve
09-11-2011, 08:54 PM
A good example of how we should all be to each other.

Jagermeister
09-11-2011, 08:59 PM
I had prior telephone and email contact with Steven, mostly concerning SPOT, but other interests too. Then when passing through WL last Tuesday, I gave him a call for a coffee meet at his office......er......I mean Tim Hortons. I had my wife with me and she usually has little patience with my visiting, however, she found Steven very congenial and amusing. We had a very good visit and both are looking forward to our next encounter. Thank you Steven, you're on our A List.

charr
09-11-2011, 09:03 PM
I also would like to say thank you to all the experience hunters who reply to posting

doubled
09-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Stand up guy, more people should be like that.

pg83
09-11-2011, 09:37 PM
Steven goes out of his way to help people, we could all learn from him. I have never met him in person yet, but I look forward to the day I do.

ravensfoot
09-12-2011, 06:51 AM
Steven has been the reason for many successful hunts for many HBC members. I for one can thank him for my success last year. He is a great guy and I look forward to meeting him in person this year.

Leaseman
09-12-2011, 02:26 PM
And I get to spend 10-14 days with him in a few weeks.......:wink:

Yup, our Steven is a very helpful, funny, joking big man.......

But he isn't very good a sturgeon fishing.....:mrgreen:

Rock Doctor
09-12-2011, 02:50 PM
I've not met him yet, although I threatened to give him a call a few times when I was passing through WL. Seems like a real nice guy.

RD

srupp
09-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Thanks guys ..... I do try and accomadate as many hunters as my schedule will allow.....and the CFO .. Susan..will tolerate me $$$ and time...I want to pass on what I have been blessed to learn over the past 40 + years..
I DID meet you Ravensfoot..I drove by you in the "company car" with lights and sirens when you were towing up out of Riske Creek last year/./

Dennis so that beauty was your wife?? and not your daughter..you indeed are a BLESSED man..and I really enjoyed the coffee and our meeting @ my office..

hmmm Leaseman...not so good @ sturegon fishing OUCH!! lol lets see how well you do @ moose calling/.........chuckle...hey Im just there for the rest...relaxation..and watch Nick pack a moose...

steven

Banjo
09-12-2011, 04:36 PM
I've been on this forum for 2 days and srupp has been a standout.... if only he gave me the coordinates for his sheep herd....:mrgreen:. jj...thanks for the tips!

ringo
09-12-2011, 04:53 PM
+1, I met Steve last year, he took time from his busy schedule to 'direct' us in the right direction for our moose. He took time to show us the location, terrain, trails, roads and explain to the 'young uns' with us where their best opportunities lay. Thanks, Steve.

srupp
09-12-2011, 05:02 PM
hmmmm I have been blessed to have folks like Henry May..and Clayton Mack, Betty Franks..etc etc who have shared what they have learned and passed it on...I am merely doing the same and passing it on..and I too have been helped by many on this site from Sturgeon fishing for baby sturgeon...to those that broke their ass to help me with my successful stone sheep..its all about sharing and passing on whatever we may know that would help hunters not so much the where ..but why..how when etc..

A HUGE thank you to my sweetheart wife Susan who has graciously allowed me the considerable time to do this , knowing I really love helping and passing it on..and also reminding me when are monthly minutes are up..lol thanks DEAR...

It really is my privilege..

steven

Lone Ranger
09-12-2011, 05:45 PM
My hats off to you as well Steven. It was a simple question but you answered it and gave us a few good options for mulie hunting this year, thank you. Its always nice to have at least a bit of a heads up when heading into a new area to hunt. LR

Big Lew
09-12-2011, 06:27 PM
There are many people like "srupp" on this site, and I wish to thank them as well....until I joined this site, and observed their generosity and willingness to offer help, I kept everything I learned to myself. You've opened a new door to me, and I now try to help others as well....I can see why you try to help others....it's a great feeling.

Sangstercraft
09-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Great thread, and a great chance to thank a real stand-up guy. For us new hunters, Steven, you really help inspire us to keep trying, no matter how many tag-soups we end up eating :)

srupp
09-15-2011, 07:55 PM
lol we all get to eat some tag soup..all of us...

I am now getting ready to go on my first outing..with my lab Ebony for her first grouse, and a mule deer day...and go call some moose for Leaseman and his son....so wont be around much till later in Oct..

Good luck to all... straight shooting and be careful..

cheers

Steven

scoopy
09-15-2011, 08:09 PM
I just want to thank you Steven again for taking time out of his busy schedule to chat with me yesterday. I am grateful for the info he passed on to me (a complete stranger) and will be taking everything he told me to heart. A few friends and myself have been lucky enough to draw 2 moose tags for this year and the info he passed on will be invaluable in the field. You are a true gentleman.

bearhunter338-06
09-15-2011, 09:01 PM
Clayton Mack, That one person I would have loved to sit and talk with..............

srupp
09-15-2011, 09:39 PM
Clayton Mack, That one person I would have loved to sit and talk with..............

It still brings back amazing memories of staying on Claytons boat...sitting up drinking coffee and him showing photos of John Wayne...and some BIG ASSED grizzlies...Clayton was a kind soul, who worked extremely hard all his life , was generous with his time, and his knowlege wheather grizzlies, halibut or the ocean around Bella Coola...sleeping on the beach @ Restoration bay listening to Clayton Mack himself tell the story of the saquatch of Graveyard island, AND KWATNA bay...I truly was blessed.

I hope in Claytons final days when he did call on me for assistance the small deeds I did for him eased his problems in some small way .

He truly was one of a kind..

cheers
Steven

Leaseman
09-16-2011, 07:43 AM
Please people.... no more compliments about Steve..... I have to spend close to two weeks in the bush with him soon and I don't need the swollen head exploding from all the good feelings while I am around....:wink::mrgreen:

Two weeks from now and Nick and I should be near Cache Creek buddy..... Nick wants to know if you have a bear and deer picked out for him yet....:mrgreen:

I will drop my sights and take any bull over 50" so you don't have to work too hard!

ravensfoot
09-16-2011, 10:16 AM
I'm really hoping that this time when i'm up in his neck of the woods, Srupp can slow that white wagon with sirens and flashing lights down so he can pop by our Nyland camp for a special hot coffee. Good luck in your hunt Leeseman, i'm sure that you won't need it though with Srupp in your camp. Steven, looking forward to possibly hooking up with you in a weeks time.

srupp
09-16-2011, 10:17 AM
lol yes I DID find 2 deer,,, one was a 160-165 " typical...however (isnt there always..lol) both were on 9th avenue in downtown Willies Pond..last nigt around 4 am...

As for bear it doesnt work that way..THEY pick YOU..lol...

50" bull ??? kinda aiming high arnt you??? Think lower Much lower..like the GENITALS..."if its got balls it falls.." lol

sincerly

Steven R Rupp

srupp
09-16-2011, 10:22 AM
Hi Greg yes we must do coffee...I will be around next week....I WIll be by Nyland lake sort of, and when you are there..well I will see your camp..but am 100 % certain we wont get into visit..lol 3 deer tags, 3 bear tags, 1 moose tag I will explain in person @ coffee...

sheesh nothing ever is 100%..we go we hang up moose in heat..we call...the rest the moose have to do...

However it SI the rut and if you only get laid once a year..hmmm chances are you WILL show up... its closing time @ the bar all the cow moose look good to the bulls...lol

cheers
Steven

ravensfoot
09-18-2011, 09:44 AM
at the bar, Nobody's ugly after 3am Lol

Wild one
09-18-2011, 09:51 AM
Steve You were a great guy to meet and appreciate the help in the past

srupp
09-18-2011, 11:13 AM
Wild One you are welcome it was my pleasure..

steven

Islandeer
09-18-2011, 11:58 AM
Steve was very helpful as well a few years back when we were hunting the Gang area. Top notch!!