PDA

View Full Version : another PG elk down !

lightmag
09-11-2011, 06:40 PM
well who needs to go to the peace for elk ? After a 5 day there last weekend we come home and for the second time in 3 years a 6 pt elk has hit the dirt in prince George for me and my little bro . Unfortunatly this morning was the first one in forever that I didn't make it out with my brother , i missed my brothers first elk! But I was called in for a tough retrieval lol and still par take in the fun . He played and called at least 2 bulls for over an hour and chased and played cat and mouse with them before pulling the trigger on a nice 5x7 bull! Heard bull took off with the cows , and he called the sat bull in not once , but twice , he couldn't id him legal the first 40 yard head on encounter as only his 5 side was visable, and even though he was almost positive it had 6 on the other side , he watched his potential first elk run off ! Unbelievably , cow chirps turned him around for another look and he came back in again giving my brother a look at his not only 6th, but also 7th point! Off went a 165 gr accubond out if his ruger 30-06 , 50 yards , perfect lung shot, short walk and his first elk hit the ground ! He gps'd him. Hiked out over a km through thick bush to the road and came and got me . Had to cut and weaver a trail in for the quad to get it , crazy fun , exciting, tiring day , but one my little brother will never forget! Now I'm heading out tomorrow to try that herd bull :) pics coming soon

Hammerhead
09-11-2011, 06:52 PM
well done for the little bro. waiting for the pics???

emerson
09-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Glad to hear they're still around here. Waiting for pics.

pg83
09-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Congrats to your brother and look forward to hearing your tale as well. Best of luck!

BCrams
09-11-2011, 09:50 PM
Good job on the local bull!!

Jelvis
09-11-2011, 09:51 PM
I always want pix. No good without pix, that's what they use to say on here to me ok.
Jp .. at least some did ..

sako7mm
09-13-2011, 12:28 PM
Sooooo, what happened to the pictures, I've heard about this critter so I want to see it as well.