PDA

View Full Version : Senses Bridge Rams

srupp
09-11-2011, 05:00 PM
on the way to Vancouver I asked Susan to keep her eyes open for sheep as we went though Spenses Bridge..at the same time I caught sight of a large dust cloud coming down a ridge on the clay breaks Susan said "RAMS!!" and indeed 6 rams bounded down the clay breaks making the dust storm..:mrgreen: kinda hard driving @ 100 kph AND determaining horn size..clearly rams..

On the way home we saw ewes and lambs closer to the townsight..

In Vancouver my wifes familly had black bear issues ..one broke in and trashed the door in the garage...the C/O'S trapped a 400# bear..I looked yesterday and saw more fresher tracks from a smaller bear... sure enough another bear went through the garage last night.....North Vancouver....

cheers
Steven

adamgarbett
09-11-2011, 05:25 PM
my boss's garbage got ripped apparts and eatin last night aswell........is seven acres outside of city limits large enough to ding it with a bow??? sorry not trying to jack your thread lol

pg83
09-11-2011, 07:44 PM
lots of bears around north vancouver this summer. Always nice seeing sheep in Spences Bridge. I saw goats 100 yards above the highway between Lytton and Spences Bridge in the spring, first time I've seen them in 100's of times travelling though the canyon.

coach
09-11-2011, 07:47 PM
I saw goats in that same area a few years ago, Pg83. Right above Gladwin road.

steelballs
09-11-2011, 07:57 PM
we seen a group of ewes and lambs under a tree beside the highway just across from the town. First time ever that was labour day weekend

Goliath
09-11-2011, 08:18 PM
We have a standing competition in our family who can spot the most sheep through spences whenever we drive up to the cabin. 7 times out of 10 the kids hit the jackpot with ewes & lambs...we've yet to devise a better scoring schedule than 1 point for 1 sheep. I've been fighting hard for a more points for rams, or more points for sheep spotted across the river or whatever.

troutseeker
09-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Some dandy rams there, just real hard to find a qualifier to shoot...

srupp
09-12-2011, 09:19 AM
the one lone ram at the south end was "legal" or close to it... all in all sheep in 5 distinct locations..

Steven