PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the hunting pictures

moose2
09-11-2011, 09:35 AM
We are well into hunting season and there seems to be very few pictures being posted. I think the main reason for this is because some of the members on here take pride in running a fine tooth comb through these photos to look for something wrong with them. The minute they find it , there are negative comments being posted. I have heard lots over the last few years such as

- you should have let him get bigger
- that dosn't look legal
- I only shoot males
- you should'nt wear a brown coat when hunting
- thats a " dink "
- is your weapon pointed in a safe direction
- theres to much blood
- looks a little to dark to be hunting
- I know where that picture was taken is it so and so ( this should be done through PM imo )

This list could go on you probably get my point by now. So I think as members if we keep negative comments to ourselves , and only post positive ones for the hunting pictures and stories. We will more than likely get to look at more. Another reason may be the difficulty to post the pictures here. People having trouble with pictures can ask for help, many of the members on here are good with helping. You can PM me as well if you need help. So feel free to post your small bucks/bulls , does/cows or any other hunting pictures you would like to. Most of us would like to see them. I never signed up on a trophy hunting site here and would hate to see it go that way , because of member pressure to only post the biggest and best. Thanks to those you have posted their 2011 pictures so far and lets hope they keep coming.
Mike

bear buster
09-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Cows, calves, bulls, monster rack or a spiker as long as the hunter in the pic is happy who gives a rats ass, my moose was a small 2x3, my spring bear was small, my elk will be a cow or nice calf if I have my way, anlters don`t make good soup. as for blood or gut piles in pics...this is a hunting site is it not. as for it being legal or not why would someone post something that may be illegal. just like my bear vid from this fall, few people were convinced that the log was a cub. and you forgot one thing moose.....all the proof readers out there..lol.....hokd on foniks dont werk wort a chit neways. go out hunt have fun is that not why we are all on here.

pnbrock
09-11-2011, 11:53 AM
well moose you summed up why i dont post pics.

barry1974w
09-11-2011, 11:58 AM
here, here...

huntwriter
09-11-2011, 12:22 PM
We are well into hunting season and there seems to be very few pictures being posted. I think the main reason for this is because some of the members on here take pride in running a fine tooth comb through these photos to look for something wrong with them. The minute they find it , there are negative comments being posted. I have heard lots over the last few years such as

- that dosn't look legal
- I only shoot males
- thats a " dink "
- theres to much blood
- I know where that picture was taken is it so and so ( this should be done through PM imo )

This list could go on you probably get my point by now. So I think as members if we keep negative comments to ourselves , and only post positive ones for the hunting pictures and stories. We will more than likely get to look at more. Another reason may be the difficulty to post the pictures here. People having trouble with pictures can ask for help, many of the members on here are good with helping. You can PM me as well if you need help. So feel free to post your small bucks/bulls , does/cows or any other hunting pictures you would like to. Most of us would like to see them. I never signed up on a trophy hunting site here and would hate to see it go that way , because of member pressure to only post the biggest and best. Thanks to those you have posted their 2011 pictures so far and lets hope they keep coming.
Mike

You hit the proverbial nail on the head with that post. Unfortunately, as another thread shows, there are always those that sit on a high horse and think they have to run others into the ground or wag the ethical fingers at the drop of a hat.

elkdom
09-11-2011, 01:02 PM

- that dosn't look legal
- I only shoot males
- thats a " dink "
- theres to much blood

Mike

as about 99.9% of the game harvested and posted on HBC is harvested/taken by about 2% of the HBC membership,,,:neutral:

and about 98% of group chooses to make disparaging remarks, critisize and generally make "sour grape juice comments" about those that work hard to enjoy their successful hunting endeavors,,:?

it actually makes me chuckle,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Gateholio
09-11-2011, 02:03 PM
We've been having conversations about this topic in the mod forum, people ruining hunting report threads with their bitching. What you will see is more moderation on threads like this. It's unfortunate that we have to mod this stuff, you would think that people would leave this alone, but some people can't. This is the reason willy442 is gone from HBC. Despite many warnings to stop criticizing people for the legal animals they shoot, he couldn't stop and now he is banned.

I suppose it is a continuation of what we started last year, although it is a shame we have to mod any of this stuff, too:

In the future, if someone has a concern with a ram being illegal, please report it to the CO's rather than derail someone's thread. A ram that has been CI'd and passed is deemed legal at that time, and therefore falls under HBC rule.

#6. There is to be no frowning upon a member for the method of hunting used, or the sex, age of the animal. If it's legal then it's legal no if, and, or, but!

This also applies to the harvest of Nanny goats, calf moose, spike/fork moose, antlerless deer or elk or anything else that you might not agree with but is legal at this time. If you wish to discuss the harvest of nannies or illegal rams, etc...please start your own thread discussing it, and leave other peoples threads and pictures out of it.

The CO's, the MOE and the CI's (and even the CI Grand Pooba) are in charge of hands on determination of legality of a harvested animal- Not anyone on HBC looking at pictures. If a ram is deemed illegal on initial/ further inspection, feel free to discuss.

This should not impact the "educational" aspect of judging rams, billy/nanny identification or any educational aspect. You may still post pictures on your own "educational" thread of live rams and goats for educational purposes, or seized rams that have been deemed illegal.

And it is a sticky on this forum

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?55868-Illegal-rams-nanny-goats-etc....

ELK Seeker
09-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Like momma always said " if you don't have something nice to say then don't say anything at all"

d6dan
09-11-2011, 03:34 PM
[QUOTE=Gatehouse;975838]We've been having conversations about this topic in the mod forum, people ruining hunting report threads with their bitching. What you will see is more moderation on threads like this. It's unfortunate that we have to mod this stuff, you would think that people would leave this alone, but some people can't. This is the reason willy442 is gone from HBC. Despite many warnings to stop criticizing people for the legal animals they shoot, he couldn't stop and now he is banned. [QUOTE]

Now that would be great Gatehouse. Hopefully more members will come to realize most of us on here are not bad people and really like the pics and stories posted on this forum.:-D

ruger#1
09-11-2011, 03:42 PM
This is the exact reason I will not be putting anymore pics up. It is always nice to see a pic that a young guy or girl has put up only to be cut down by a keyboard tard.

Call of the Wild
09-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Well moose I'm almost done writing my sheep and goat hunt, I will post don't worry just very busy and getting ready for elk season.

For me it comes down to have some pride in what you do and to stand up for yourself. If you harvested an animal in a legal way you have every reason to be proud. Some of us hunt to feed their family and other are more selective, trophy hunters. Which hunter is a thru hunter, BOTH as long as we can all get along. This current attitude is what's destroying us hunters in the long term.

Let's see some hunting stories on the forum, everyone enjoy them and it's a great way to teach the younger and future hunters the attitude to have for success on a regular basis. Work = reward while having a lot of fun

Cyrus
09-11-2011, 03:55 PM
wish I had something to post...just way to friggin hot out there!!! 8:30am and the hunting day is over!!

frenchbar
09-11-2011, 04:06 PM
That list you gave moose is a BIG reason people wont post pics...i dont blame em 1 bit ...i too get sick of those exact comments the IDIOTS on here post.....

Doe
09-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Amen to all of that^^^^^!
we will post em all, big and small...:mrgreen: and we have had some small ones.
We hunt to eat, and as was stated above, we didnt sign up to a trophy hunters site, so for all who succeed at what they set out to do, please continue to post!
Likeminded folks want to share in your success:-D!!!

To me, my avatar was a trophy, although some may have passed it up, who gives a chit, its mine and im proud of every animal I feed to my family.

huntwriter
09-11-2011, 09:10 PM
To me, my avatar was a trophy, although some may have passed it up, who gives a chit, its mine and im proud of every animal I feed to my family.

That is exactly right. Hunting is all about what the individual wants it to be and not about what someone else thinks it should be.

moose2
09-11-2011, 11:21 PM
That list you gave moose is a BIG reason people wont post pics...i dont blame em 1 bit ...i too get sick of those exact comments the IDIOTS on here post.....

I do as well , I am just hoping that it slowly changes and more pictures and stories start showing up. I do think that the people posting the stuff have to use some common sence as well. Printing a good tasteful story with some nice pictures is way less likely to be as criticized as some others may be.
Mike

fireguy
09-11-2011, 11:24 PM
My pictures are still to come, too damm hot to be out hunting yet although I have taken my crossbow for a walk a couple times

Glenny
09-12-2011, 12:59 AM
Ok so gate has set it straight. More moderating, good. Now lets see those pics boys and girls :)

markt308
09-12-2011, 09:56 AM
Well i've got another video and a couple pics that i'm working on and will post very soon!

09-12-2011, 10:06 AM
I seem to suck at hunting lately so my camera batteries are dead,,,, But trust me when i kill something if i get a pic it will be posted,,,,, even if its a spike buck!

LeverActionJunkie
09-12-2011, 10:20 AM
I like to post pics of whatever I kill so long as I remembered to bring the camera. This is because I enjoy looking at others photos, so I figure I may as well share what I kill. I kill for my own reasons and could care less about what someone on the interweb has to say about it. I follow the regulations and have my own personal ethics guiding my actions and thats all I need.