PDA

View Full Version : 7-09 guys anything moving yet?

Rhys
09-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Hey guys I havent been able to get ahold of my uncle in Prince George for a while since he is out of town for a while.

I have a moose hunt coming up Sept 22-Oct 1, in 7-09. I have been checking the weather and it looks like its pretty hot up there still, and no real forcast for cool weather or frost any time soon. Is there anything moving around there yet?

I have a feeling that we are going to have to be up very eaqrly to catch anything moving if its still this warm in a few weeks.

Also are ther many deer up that way? I have been up a few times, seen lots of moose but not many deer. Its my Brother-in-laws first hunting trip in about 15 years so he wouldnt mind having a look for deer as well.

Thanks for any input guys, I'm starting to have some sleepless nights getting ready for this :D

Rhys

Schmaus
09-07-2006, 10:10 PM
I was out the Buckhorn today, I think that's 7-09 not sure but anyway only seen a couple of Black Bears and got a few more chickens. Nothing to serious but I was only cruisin the main roads.

PGKris
09-07-2006, 11:01 PM
Been freakin hot. I haven't seen anything except bears yet.

moosecaller
09-07-2006, 11:51 PM
Ditto; too warm nothing but bear and a few deer the moose are up higher or in the really thick stuff, not moving much at all.

oldtimer
09-08-2006, 06:21 AM
Lots of bears !! but very hot and if it stays this way, as they are predicting , first light and last light will be your best chance. The rest of the day go for chickens or just sun tan. Mike