PDA

View Full Version : Limited out!!

Tanya
09-10-2011, 09:54 AM
John, Kevin and Marc headed out this morning to a previously scouted destination. I had to feed calves, and planned to phone when I was done to see if joining them in the blinds would be worth driving over. As I am leaving the barn I see the truck heading in the driveway. They'd limited out in one hour! Kevin's first goose hunt turned out quite the event. No geese for me today, but there will be other days when I'm off.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/TRV58/15birdsin1hour.jpg

Happy guys, happy dogs. John will fill the gaps in later on when they are done processing.

d6dan
09-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Nicely done Boys!.. You've got a bit of work ahead of you.:-D

rbduck
09-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Great hunt. Will it be plucking or breasts/thighs?

Ron

kennyj
09-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Wow! Great day guys. Way more action than deer hunting.
kenny

lorneparker1
09-10-2011, 02:14 PM
gotta love it! get out before it gets to fing hot!

Marc
09-10-2011, 02:28 PM
It was a great morning or should I say hour.:mrgreen:

No sooner was it legal time did they start to show up, flock after flock after flock. It was definitely an eye opener for Kevin as this was his first time goose hunting. I don't think the action could get any better then it was and the birds were only flying 10-20 yards up for the most part. This field had never been hunted yet this early season and a lot of family groups with young uneducated birds. A lot of flocks committed to the decoys and calling.

The dogs had a field day with multiple retrieves, no sooner did they hand the bird over another flock would commit to the decoys and the fun began again.On one retrieve Marshall had a goose in his mouth and rushing back to the cover full out, one of the wings was covering his eyes and he hit John straight on in the chest as we were sitting in the cover. All I saw was john on his side with the legs in the air and laughing. :lol: Good thing the dog had a goose in his mouth to cushion the blow.

shotgunjohn
09-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Great hunt. Will it be plucking or breasts/thighs?

Ron

Breasted and thighed, and in the freezer. Goose livers wrapped in bacon for dinner tonight. :)

Foxton Gundogs
09-10-2011, 05:08 PM
need a bigger truck LOL

Ian F.
09-11-2011, 07:55 AM
goose livers wrapped in bacon? Hmmm haven't tried that one yet! I'll be over for the long weekend in Novemeber, hint, hint Tanya

Tanya
09-11-2011, 08:50 AM
LOL!!! Hint noted Ian. :biggrin:

Chessieguy
09-13-2011, 11:47 AM
all I can say is WOW!!!

John I take it that new gun is hitting as well as it did on the pigeons!!!

That goose liver in bacon has me salivating...never tried it but with bacon how can it not be good!!!

RoscoeT
09-13-2011, 01:24 PM
The smiles say it all. Good job fellas.