PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on mu: 7-31

Truecraft
09-08-2011, 11:16 PM
I would appreciate any advise for hunting in 7:31, I've never hunted north of bear lake and since we are lacking limited entry this year I decided to explore the peace. With only one week off work I'm not sure how far north I should go. Friends of mine did well in pink mountain but had 2 weeks to invest. We will be heading north in the first week of October and would be grateful for all the advise you would share.

Thank you

dakoda62
09-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Not a alot of camping spots on Johnson creek FSR 17.5 KM a big one Gething creek has acouple of spots, along with Carbon Lake. After mile 70 on Johnson Creek road there is a forestry/work camp set up we got chased out last week in August they have guys and equipment from that point on right to the lake (its all Private Property) according to Mechalaney maps and confirmed by camp boss. We were for any bull Aug 20 to 31. No moose but lots of blackies, Elk, and deer. Saulteau First nations had alrge hunting camp set up and killed pretty much everything that moved.

Bobfl
09-09-2011, 05:45 PM
hunt the del reo 1 hr on the backroads of chetwyn. the end of the road is about 1.20 min from the highhway. I have taken lots of bulls from this area. It has hunting pressure from every opening in the area and still all hunters get there game. there is elk at the back of the del reo. It is well worth looking into. It takes one hour from the main intersection in chetwyn.

Ry151
09-10-2011, 07:03 PM
what roads do you take to get to the Del Reo?
thanks

vip_ruger
09-10-2011, 10:29 PM
Grew up there and Del Reo is the place its hunting hard but game is there take the right on the top of the hill leaving chetwynd follow that out and it will take u to the banks of the river and lots of lease roads and cutlines to hunt a guy will succeed if u get off and put a few km on the boots good luck