PDA

View Full Version : Camping trip.

Iron-Head
09-07-2006, 01:33 PM
Well Got back from Okanagan Last week and I thought I would share my adventure...
First I was just up at Mabel lake... It was a gong show on the lake! Nearly 25-30 boats all doing laps for the few measly dark springs that where around. Rented a boat from south mabel general store for dirt cheap, Surprisingly. Went out when they opened the mouth of the upper shushwap just below the falls, Had three fish on but none to the boat, The one fish was actually quite nice looked silver with just a dark-ish head. Caught some huge Squaw fish on the fly and even a couple little rainbows...

Then went down to allendale lake in Okanagan Falls, and met up with Joe89 ans BS-d around the camp fire with his family and friends While they where up for the New youth season. Also caught some nice rainbows out of allendale, Some in the 20 to 25 " range.
On te way back we had a hard time even seeing the road infront of us Because of the smoke, When we stopped in princeton to get lunch the sun was soo dim you could look right at it, Not to mention the flame orange color. Funny thing was, when we got out of the restaurant there was a fare amount of ash (burnt pine needles and bark and such) on our car. All in all it was a fun trip, and it was great to meet another Fellow HBC member!Symon
Sorry no pics...:redface:

3kills
09-07-2006, 08:35 PM
symon we were gettin ash from the fire here in merritt that sure is a crazy fire thats for sure....

Joe89
09-08-2006, 07:39 AM
It was a good time up at Allendale, got my 11 year old on a 3X2 Whitetail 10 minutes into our hunt on opening day, but the deer was a little too quick for him, didn't see much else the rest of the weekend though. It was nice to meet another hbc member up there. Those trout you gave me Symon, were awesome, we cooked them up that night. Thanks again.
I may take you up on some bear hunting next spring, looks like all the bears from the Okanagan have either moved to the coast or to Alberta, lol