PDA

View Full Version : Going to the kootney's !!!

lightmag
09-07-2006, 01:12 PM
Leaving sat morning for the Kootney's for a week of Elk and deer hunting!!! can't wait this week is going so slow!!! We will be hunting the Bull river area, my buddy who lives down there has been scouting and seeing lots of elk and huge muley's!!!! Hopefully i bring some awsome pics back to post!!!

BCrams
09-07-2006, 01:14 PM
I am amazed you're going all the way to the Kootenays to hunt elk when we have bull elk right in our back yard.

Bow Walker
09-07-2006, 02:47 PM
A few years ago I spent a week (w/ some buddies) up that same river. If I remember correctly, we were about 60 miles out of Cranbrook.

Weather was not cooperating and all we managed from our group was 1 whitetail and 1 elk. That was some of the best eating I can remember.

Hope you have half as good a time as I did - if so you'll have a blast. Good luck!

rocksteady
09-07-2006, 05:33 PM
She's been very warm and dry here this fall. Not much moving except in the cool hours of the morning and evening....

Been frustrating, critters aren't moving as they usually do at this time of the year.....

Need rain and cooler weather.....

quadrakid
09-07-2006, 05:37 PM
i,m coming from the coast on sat, will bring some rain and cooler temps,promise.

hitch
09-07-2006, 09:46 PM
I'm headed to the Bull river area as well on Sat. Morn. My hunting partner and I both have LEH cow tags. After we tags the cows, we're headed backpacking for Bighorn and or a nice buck. Good luck Lightmag. :)