PDA

View Full Version : must haves for hunting trip?

bchunter181
09-08-2011, 07:25 AM
me and a buddy are going on a hunting trip for a few days.we are staying in the bush the set-up we are thinking of doing is a car tent to put the stove and tables in it we are just sleeping in the truck cooking on a coleman.simple set-up but wondering if there are some must haves for staying in the bush for 3 or 4 days.or just stuff you guys have found over the years makes life easier thanks in advance for the help

Mikey Rafiki
09-08-2011, 07:35 AM
Booze and First Aid Kit.

r106
09-08-2011, 07:43 AM
rifle, bullets, knife, lighter or matches, axe, flash light, kraft dinner or mr noodle, pot to cook, water, sleeping bag, pillow and toilet paper is all you need

Weatherby Fan
09-08-2011, 07:52 AM
Booze and First Aid Kit.

the first aid kit you will need after you fall down drunk from all the celebrating you'll do once that four pt is on the ground :mrgreen:

Coffee pot,axe,Lawn chairs,and a piece of plywood for making a small table as you never seem to have enough room for cooking !
This could be a very extensive list ! but since your only going for a few days you can get away with not having alot of must have's,

Rifle,bullets,tags,knife...............aw hell your good to go :mrgreen:

doubled
09-08-2011, 07:59 AM
Chainsaw. Lots of rope, tarps, bone saw, knives, head lamps, lanterns, flash lights. Some sort of fire starter regardless of how wet it is. I usually carry a small propane torch as it is easy to light fires with and also burns the last of the hair remaining on your animal once it is cleaned and hanging. Wool or fleece clothing.

pescado
09-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Water jugs. I like to have a headlamp around camp & in my hunting pack.

transplantednewf
09-08-2011, 03:08 PM
GPS/Compass. Wet wipes always come in handy. Smoked salmon and jerky (last years kill)

jeff
09-08-2011, 03:12 PM
dont forget the SHITPAPER ive done it before .youll end up comeing home wth a few sleveless shirts ha ha

09-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Smokes, Man you need smokes, Know body put them down yet!

make sure you bring some flour and spices pre mixed in a ziplock to batter the Grouse with. mmmmmm
20 lb propane tank with a tree and lines to go to coleman and bbq this is the biggest thing my wife and i have done for out back woods camping. Get away from them stupid green propane things.

Barracuda
09-08-2011, 03:28 PM
set up a rubermaid with staples cooking and first aid essentials. not neccasarily exactly what you want but what youb would need. keep it stocked and ready to go on every trip that way all you do is put it in the truck .
all the other stuff consider them to be pleasures or extras and take them if you want to. that way if you forget a couple of things you will always have you back up rubbermaid with lighters food, saftey , shit tickets etc.

SimilkameenSlayer
09-08-2011, 04:34 PM
flagging tape, so you don't get lost.
level one first aid kit.
emergency food.
head flash light.
orienteering compass / map - learn how to use them.
tarp 8x10'.

nano
09-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Water and lots of it. It sucks being dehydrated out there.

BlackwaterMerc
09-08-2011, 10:27 PM
baby wipes and a toothbrush really start me off right in the morning, then a cup of coffee and some spicy hot eggs with onions in them, hahahah the fresh breath doesnt last long but I cant go without my toothbrush. Helps me sleep better with a fresh clean mouth too.

Sooke Hunter
09-08-2011, 10:35 PM
I agree with Barracuda...do that and you will be set....minimum. Just add to it!!

bchunter181
09-08-2011, 10:35 PM
k thanks everyone for the help

scttcanuck
09-15-2011, 10:38 PM
Grouse breast-strips with shake and bake are awesome. Give it a try if you have a 22 or shotgun.

Spokerider
09-16-2011, 10:33 AM
A bigger car.........