PDA

View Full Version : Dease lake Bruce out of service...

srupp
09-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Herard today tha Bruce from dease lake did some damage to one of his floats on his plane...out of service for a couple of weeks,,,,, cancelled at least 1 hunt from this site...... FYI

steven

Old Crow
09-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Didnt he have issues last year as well??

25tikka
09-06-2011, 07:40 PM
No worries He has it taken care of. Business as usual

Gateholio
09-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Hope he and everyone is okay!

srupp
09-06-2011, 08:02 PM
hmmm grizzly...cariboo hunters headed home this am..stopped for coffee @ my office..er Tim Hortons..and they arnt going on their hunt due to the plane being down for 2 weeks just what I heard..no one was hurt..

steven

bcyukonair
09-07-2011, 06:41 AM
[QUOTE=srupp;973412]hmmm grizzly...cariboo hunters headed home this am..stopped for coffee @ my office..er Tim Hortons..and they arnt going on their hunt due to the plane being down for 2 weeks just what I heard..no one was hurt..

steven[/Q BEFORE YOU START MAKING STATEMENTS PERHAPS YOU SHOULD GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHTER STEV. TRUE THE PLANE HAS A HOLE IN THE FLOAT WE HAVE ANOTHER PLANE HERE WE HAVE THE FLYING COVERED I IMAGINE THE HUNTERS TURNED BACK BECAUSE THE ROAD IS CLOSED FOR A DAY

Jagermeister
09-07-2011, 08:57 AM
[QUOTE=srupp;973412]hmmm grizzly...cariboo hunters headed home this am..stopped for coffee @ my office..er Tim Hortons..and they arnt going on their hunt due to the plane being down for 2 weeks just what I heard..no one was hurt..

steven[/Q BEFORE YOU START MAKING STATEMENTS PERHAPS YOU SHOULD GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHTER STEV. TRUE THE PLANE HAS A HOLE IN THE FLOAT WE HAVE ANOTHER PLANE HERE WE HAVE THE FLYING COVERED I IMAGINE THE HUNTERS TURNED BACK BECAUSE THE ROAD IS CLOSED FOR A DAY
Wait a minute Bruce, there is no reason to get all pissy with Steven. He is merely stating what he was told.
For the record, "WE HAVE ANOTHER PLANE HERE WE HAVE THE FLYING COVERED" was not the way it was related to my hunting partner who had the booking for Tuesday morning. He was told by yourself that your plane was damaged and you gave him a number to call to see if a flight might be available with another carrier. That is not "WE HAVE THE FLYING COVERED"! That is having us standing on the dock similar to standing on the highway with our thumbs out trying to hitch a ride, not knowing for certain if one is going to get the ride or not and walking was not an option. The uncertainty of a flight caused us to abort our hunting plans.
Telling us that you holed a pontoon, but you were trying to get the flight covered would likely have been cause enough for us to continue on.
The road was not a decision making factor although it probably would have delayed us a bit when we would have become aware of it.
So, putting this behind us, I am sure I can speak for my partner in stating that we are not faulting BCYukon Air for the lost opportunity. Holed floats happen. Not having a firmer commitment of a flight was the deciding factor to pass for this year.
And so, as long as no one has their shit in a knot, we'll plan again for next year.
Now, everyone just back on down.

Jagermeister
09-07-2011, 09:34 AM
In all fairness to Bruce at BCYukon Air I have to add this. Bruce informed my partner not long after Bruce had his misfortune with the punctured float and by not long, I mean almost immediately. There is absolutely no way that Bruce could have had a contingency plan available in that time line.

This thread can be locked unless Bruce has something to add.

srupp
09-07-2011, 10:07 AM
I was not intending to cause a atir , nor piss anyone off.....what I ws told by someone who cancelled their hunting trip...never said it was anyones fault..

seemed credible when a hunt is cancelled...glad that transportation is available for those fortunate to get out, glad the air service has alternate plans and doesnt affect a quality air company too much..

Steven