PDA

View Full Version : PAL waiting, waiting, WAITING..

Enthusiast
09-06-2011, 03:26 PM
ugh how long does it take? it's been 5 weeks and they haven't even attempted to call any of my contacts. My instructor said 30 day waiting period.. would it be bad to call them to see where it's at? I want to pick up my rifle and go hunting!!! argh..

holmes76
09-06-2011, 03:51 PM
I mailed my app on june 29th. They say they received it july 25th. I got a phone call from home today saying it came in the mail. So 9 weeks since i sent it 6 since they got it.

Jagermeister
09-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Phone this number

BC Firearms Officer
1-800-731-4000. Then enter this extension when requested Ext.9530
Too late today, first thing tomorrow

helios
09-07-2011, 10:58 AM
You can also check online, here:https://secure.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/eCFISIWS/editLicenceQueryChoice.do?language=English

Enthusiast
09-07-2011, 11:31 AM
thanks guys!! I'm looking into it now!

Enthusiast
09-07-2011, 12:33 PM
sweet .. called them.. they tried to process the payment a week ago lol.. apparently the cardholder forgot about the $80 they would be taking off the card and didn't have the funds to cover it. Sooooo a week has gone by but everything is taken care of now.. just waiting for all the phone calls to go thru and get my card in the mail.. I'm guessing another 2 weeks? thx and soon I'll have my new gun purchased .. will post the pics!

bighornbob
09-07-2011, 01:15 PM
sweet .. called them.. they tried to process the payment a week ago lol.. apparently the cardholder forgot about the $80 they would be taking off the card and didn't have the funds to cover it. Sooooo a week has gone by but everything is taken care of now.. just waiting for all the phone calls to go thru and get my card in the mail.. I'm guessing another 2 weeks? thx and soon I'll have my new gun purchased .. will post the pics!

You will be lucky if you have your card within the month. The first thing they do is bill your credit card or cash your cheque. Once that clears they start the process.

I had them once cash my check and when i phoned them a month later to see when I would be getting it they said they never recieved it. The lady look for over an hour trying different name spelling etc. Finally she said it must have been lost in the mail and I would have to send in a whole new application. When i told her they recieved it as my cheques was cashed, she asked if I had the cheque as they stamp a number on the back. I gave her that number and she found my application in the witing to be mailed out pile?

Anyway glad you got that sorted out, but like I said I would be surprised if you get in a month.

BHB

Freshtracks
09-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Cost? What cost? I thought the cost was revoked. Or was that just renewing?

holmes76
09-07-2011, 03:15 PM
cost is waived for renewals only.

Enthusiast
09-07-2011, 05:55 PM
another month??? damn.. why oh why does the gov make it so difficult..

jeff
09-07-2011, 06:34 PM
i got mine in the mail about a month ago. it took me 8 weeks .but ihad to check yes to the police questions and if u answer yes to any of them it takes longer .

kelmore
09-07-2011, 08:03 PM
once they charged my credit card I had it within a few weeks. They never did contact any of my referances

Enthusiast
09-08-2011, 10:57 AM
wow eh.. yeah I checked no to all the police questions.. I'm a clean individual and got no criminal record of any kind.. not even a speeding ticket! Hopefully they hurry it along.. i want to get out there and get me a deer! lol :)

Alec
09-08-2011, 12:47 PM
No fees for renewals. NOR FOR UPGRADES from POLs to PALs or long guns to restricted. Just your first licence, which now costs $60 unless your FIRST application is for RESTRICTED, then send $80.

Iron Sighted
09-08-2011, 08:55 PM
once they charged my credit card I had it within a few weeks. They never did contact any of my referances

They usually don't if you are only applying for a non-restricted license. However, it is as certain as paying taxes that your references will be contacted when you apply for a restricted license.

Enthusiast
09-28-2011, 04:41 PM
its been 2 effin months since i sent my application in the mail. I called them today and they STILL haven't begun processing the application. They took my money at the beginning of the month and so what's it doing? Just sitting on their desk? Is there anyone I can talk to to get it hurried along a little? I have a deer and a bear tag (I completed my core a month ago) and I'm unable to go hunting and use the deer tag since I can't buy a rifle! Does anyone know how much longer I have to wait for this damn thing? Unfortunately I applied for both my restricted and my non restricted at the same time since silvercore doesn't separate them. So yeah it's my restricted that's holding me back but is there something I can do to hurry it along? Is there some kind of fee I can pay? Someone I can talk to? thx

RJ
09-28-2011, 04:45 PM
You could call them and ask if it would be ok for your references to call in and do the little interview.

HARDICAT
09-13-2013, 08:08 PM
Ok after waiting 4 months for my PAL. I finally called the RCMP. They put me through to the bc office and a very nice lady explained to me they have been trying to call my wife for over a month . So after a quick phone call to my better half my lovely wife said ( oh I guess that's the blocked # that keeps calling the house!). Wholly faaaak . So just a word of advice. Please sweetie answer the GD phone so I can go hunting without getting thrown in jail!

scretch
09-13-2013, 08:56 PM
Applied for my PAL renewel in mid April-still waiting-two phone calls-being processed and will be in the mail shortly. Going hunting with or without the frigging thing.

weekender
09-13-2013, 09:06 PM
The waiting times has gotten out of hand. Maybe they should do the renewal thing every 10 years. People should be emailing their MP's to vioce thier displeasure. Something has to change. Honest people who are following the rules are being put into positions where they can't hunt or take a chance. That's not right. Everyone should send an email to the MP of the area or their PM.

ARC
09-13-2013, 11:00 PM
I sent my application in the day after I received my renewal notice. Took about 4-5 weeks to get my new PAL.

I was paranoid, seeing as mine would have expired during the middle of hunting season, but the whole process seemed to go pretty smoothly.

Mishka
09-13-2013, 11:08 PM
Applied for my PAL renewel in mid April-still waiting-two phone calls-being processed and will be in the mail shortly. Going hunting with or without the frigging thing.

I'm in the same boat. Makes me furious thinking about it. Complete BS. And you can bet, I'll be hunting with or without...