PDA

View Full Version : Transporting game for another hunter

blackford
09-05-2011, 10:58 AM
Question

So I am headed hunting and bringing one of my newer SUV's

My dad is going to have his pick up and be on the same mountain.

If I shoot a deer i don't want to e putting him in my vehicle. My dad is going to stay for a few more days than I am. If I shoot something can I fill out the document in the hunting regs.. Give him my hunters number card and license and not worry about it???

I am thinking if it's this easy, wouldn't people manipulate it and carry a friends document and fill it in after the kill?

I want to do things by the book and if it means re wiring my trailer I will have to.

Thoughts are appreciated and when you give your response please let me known if it's fact or opinion

Thanks

jeff
09-05-2011, 11:04 AM
we have done exactly what u just said numberous times without a problem . just do it by the book and u shouldnt have a prodlem. fill out the form in the regs and right a note of what and why u are leaveng with a contact number

blackford
09-05-2011, 11:31 AM
So basically you left the following

Hunters number with hunters license
Form in the regs
A note on why and contact info.

I thought of also taking a pic with my camera phone so it looks like the exact same animal...

500grhollowpoint
09-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Don't get carried away. Do what is required in the regs, leave it at that. You have nothing to hide. Anything else looks suspicious.

jeff
09-05-2011, 11:35 AM
ya u could do the pic .thats a good idea . in my case my reason for leaving game is i gotta get back to work

Piperdown
09-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Just fill out the form in the regs done it numerous times and all is good to go when checked, would not leave the license or card that is to be kept with you.