PDA

View Full Version : atv insurance in cranbrook area

rollover
09-05-2011, 10:45 AM
does anyone know if bc wildlife liability insurance is good enough for hunting in cranbrook area or do i need icbc liability for my atv

smoothbor
09-05-2011, 11:05 AM
here we go again...lol, I believe bcwf membership is all you need if you are hunting or fishing or shooting activities, but not good for recreational activities we were checked last year in canal flats hunting on quads and all was good just make sure you have your membership card and the policy to back it up and you should be fine,,, we were, hope this helps, this subject has been beat up on here in the past pretty good

rollover
09-05-2011, 11:07 AM
thanks just wanted to make sure you never know since new law is coming in soon

Buckman
09-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Make sure you wear a helmet and have your drivers license with you too.

rollover
09-05-2011, 01:58 PM
why a helmet going slow

Singleshotneeded
09-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Helmet isn't required in BC, but you need your driver's licence. BCWF liability insurance is okay if you're hunting or fishing,
but is void if you're just ripping around, so I always get mine from Capri in the spring and put it in a ziploc bag in my quad box.
If all you do with your quad is get to hunting and fishing spots, then the BCWF insurance is fine. The helmet and goggles
that everyone should wear when they're ripping around on their quads isn't required by law in BC, and a helmet would have
to be taken off before shooting and few hunters wear them. I wear a camo mad bomber cap when I'm using my quad for hunting,
as it has some cushion for protection against branches, etc...and I wear shooting glasses to protect my eyes. Even at low speed
if something gets in your eyes you will probably crash, so if you wear nothing else, put on a pair of shooting glasses!