PDA

View Full Version : Moose at 7 23C

orim
09-05-2011, 07:43 AM
Hi guys I am new to this web site. I am planning to go Moose hunting in 7 23C. I've never been to this area. On the map the accesible areas are along Parsnip, Table and Hominka Rivers. Although the Table River area and Hominka River do not seem to be connected by road. Which area might be better? How are the logging roads for truck driving? Are there any restrictions for trucks, Atv's? What is the closest gas station or small comunity with store? Any info you could give me is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

09-05-2011, 08:50 AM
Getting thicker and thicker up there, hunt the river, take a small boat or canoe, watch out for G bears!

Good luck

CT

jml11
09-05-2011, 09:18 AM
Bear Lake is your closest gas station/store, it's on your way north about 45 minutes north of Prince George. There are no motor vehicle restrictions up there but be cautious of poorly maintained roads and the likelihood of washouts preventing access. That neck of the woods had major rain events this spring which caused major washouts and it's likely this area was affected as well. An ATV may prove very useful!! Both the table and hominka areas hold moose but the Hominka side might have more cutblocks/wetlands accessible. As CT said it is very thick country due to a lack of logging practices over the past 6 years (also why roads could be in rough shape) as result moose are hard to come by but they are there, just might take some time or a bit more effort. Good Luck!

orim
09-05-2011, 04:06 PM
Thanks for your advice

emerson
09-08-2011, 09:26 AM
I was 70+ kms back on the Hominka a couple of weeks ago. The road was decent with no real washout problems, but the cutblocks are grown in pretty thick. Use a small boat and hit all the water ways first and last light. There will be lots of activity on the roads and anywhere else quads can access with a lot more open space on the water.

sneg
09-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Moose is there and they do not like thick stuff either. They will use roadss to move around. There is your chance. Roads resonably good . Also there is number of good vintage points over grassy areas.