PDA

View Full Version : cold storage PG

lip_ripper00
09-06-2006, 10:15 PM
well with all the sunny weather predicted for the next few weeks, I am getting am getting nervous. My self and my hunting partners will be in 7-16, 7-23 the end of Sept, for 2 weeks, if I should fill my bull tag early I am going to have to get it to a cooler.(2 of my friends have cow tags open on Oct 10) sooo my question is where is their cold storage in the Prince George area? Thanks in advance. Steve. If this has been covered before please direct me to the link. I could not find anything, cheers!

Schmaus
09-06-2006, 10:23 PM
I could call some of the local butcher shops tomorrow and find out. I'm not sure if they will just hang your meat for you without cutting it up too. They all seem to get pretty full near calf season and I don't think they will let you hang and take up room for other customers. Are you thinking of getting meat cut here or just hung? PM me if you want I work in Bear Lake and I know a lot of people that hunt that area of 16 and 23.

lightmag
09-07-2006, 12:26 PM
Homesteader meats will hang your meat for a reasonable price, hanging is free if you have them cut it up. late sept and early oct you should be good to hang it outside in a shop or garage, i always do with no concerns.

lip_ripper00
09-07-2006, 09:04 PM
Schmaus any info would be great I would like some place just to hang, we do our own butchering, in the worst case senario we will bone the animal and put in the deep freeze, and run the gen regularly. Just looking at all options thanks. Steve

lip_ripper00
09-07-2006, 09:15 PM
Homesteader meats will hang your meat for a reasonable price, hanging is free if you have them cut it up. late sept and early oct you should be good to hang it outside in a shop or garage, i always do with no concerns. thanks for info on homesteader will call them tomorrow. Normally we just keep them back in the trees and tarped to keep the sun off, has worked well for years. I have seen -20 second week of Oct BUT I don't think it will happen this year. Cheers!!

Schmaus
09-07-2006, 10:06 PM
I think Homesteaders is your best bet they are the only ones that aren't a long drive out of your way. I didn't think that they did any wild game though.

PGKris
09-07-2006, 11:24 PM
Homesteader's does wild game. They will probably want to cut it as well as hang it though. I'm not sure if they will just hang it for you. Good luck.
Kris