PDA

View Full Version : Working on a new project, I am asking for HBC Member's Permission

newhunterette
09-04-2011, 04:38 PM
Hey y'all,

I'm not sure how many of you know that for the past many moons, I have been ill, suffering from phantam pains (fybromayalgia is real and it has very high numbers of people who suffer from this delbiitating disease, I have many issues which stemmed from a serious car accident.)

Any hoodle, the reason for this message as y'all also know about my passion for cooking. I have been ask be a few great people in my life to complete a cookbook, a cookbook withall my concotions and specialties as well as my keen ability to turn a vegetarian into a meat eater in one sit down at my table.

Now I know a few years ago created and HBC cookbook it was well received but didnt generate the funds we hoped, Marc either broke even or lost money but people still gained a great product. I admit it was a tad backwoods in creation but I have learned a lot since that time. This new venture I am workng on is again a cookbook,which brings me to my point;

I am asking as a whole if anyone objects to me using some of the recipes you have so graciously shared on HBC to add into my new cookbook from the outdoors to the insides of the wilderness and the food we love and enjoy.
I will add your screen name so my non HBC people will know some really cool guy named "Gatehouse" shared an amazing meal idea......(just an example, recognition will get recognition if you feel you would like that. However this is not an HBC project.......this is project I have wanted to do for a very long time but in the planning I did the HBC cookbook first and I loved reading about cultures and hunting stories that were shared through sending in recipes.

So once again if you do not want me to use anything you have posted just leave me a quick pm, and if you dont have a problem me using your recipe again kick me an email. Some of you with my cell # could also text me.

Thanks,
I need a project that gets my mood up and something I am passionate about is food , positivity will make my horrible pain fed days go by quicker.

My HBC Friends Rock

Marc, I will not in any associate this book to hbc other than the members recipes being shared for me.

Thank, you all

If you do not wish me to use your recipes, just send me a pm or email ioarana@hotmail.com and i will take notes to not use your recipe. I"m not saying I will use each and everyone but I will add all the recipes I have shared over the years and there will also be some very delectable new ones.

I wanted to ask permission before I go foraging through the many great scrumpsious ideas you enjoy to create in your kitches, camp outs, main camps, etc..

bearhunter338-06
09-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Put me down for one of the books

Marc
09-04-2011, 05:01 PM
Ali,

I have one suggestion. If you don't hear back from someone I wouldn't use their recipe, not hearing back from someone to me doesn't constitute permission. Hearing back from someone and them saying sure use my recipe is something totally different.

newhunterette
09-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Ali,

I have one suggestion. If you don't hear back from someone I wouldn't use their recipe, not hearing back from someone to me doesn't constitute permission. Hearing back from someone and them saying sure use my recipe is something totally different.

thanks Marc I will do that, if they have a recipe I see that would rock I will contact the, asking, I won t just make the assumption

nature girl
09-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Newhunterette good luck with your cookbook idea.

Bow Walker
09-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Go ahead with anything of mine that you might want to use.

Sitkaspruce
09-04-2011, 09:12 PM
Use any of mine from the past Ali

And good luck on your project.

Cheers

SS

3kills
09-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Ali if u wanna use mine go ahead! text me if u need more and i will see what i can come up with

Mike26
09-05-2011, 09:24 AM
I will take one when they are done.

eric
09-05-2011, 09:35 AM
I'll take 1 or 2 when your done, hell I need all the help I can get in the kitchen.:mrgreen:

rbduck
09-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Ali, please feel free to use any of my recipes from the HBC cookbook.

Ron

newhunterette
09-06-2011, 03:58 AM
Thanks guys, yall have given me some beginnings to get my fingers typing.
Hugs

newhunterette
09-07-2011, 10:30 AM
just giving a little bump

Hydrojet
09-07-2011, 11:42 AM
please put me down for a copy!

Salty
09-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Ali I think I have a couple few things posted here in the Recipes forum you are welcome to any of it if you wish. g'luck with your project.

walnutz
09-09-2011, 02:15 PM
I would love one when finished!

newhunterette
09-10-2011, 08:24 AM
thanks y'all - keep the recipes a coming....................so excited to be doing something ...especially cause I'm not sure what this hunting season will bring

trapperdan2061
09-10-2011, 08:55 AM
You can use anything I have posted

I'm in for one when completed.

Dan

IronNoggin
09-15-2011, 09:22 AM
You can use anything I have posted

I'm in for one when completed.

Dan

DITTO! :mrgreen:

FirePower
09-15-2011, 02:15 PM
I'm not sure if I have posted any, if so feel free. If you are needing anything spacific please PM me and I'll try to help I have a large selection of interesting recipes from around the world.

Liptugger
09-21-2011, 10:33 PM
I would also love a copy when completed.

newhunterette
09-22-2011, 03:09 PM
just giving a bump to remind y'all.

stinney
10-01-2011, 02:05 AM
feel free to use any of my postings as well. would be interested in hearing how it progresses and getting one once completed!!

Trapper D
10-03-2011, 05:57 PM
some of these recipes come from other books as i was actually just going to list a orange onion deer liver recipe , which was what i just had for dinner and i thought its worth listing on here as it was delicious, for other hunters to use for free, which is why there are listed in here i think. I am saying this as my late stepfather was a 5 star chef/avid hunter, and when he died people tried to actually steal his own personnal recipe book which was made in several different countries, over a lifetime. listing secret recipes on here is , in my mind for the people of HBC to enjoy but , if someones going to take these recipes and use them for profit, thats another thing all together. then imo, they should get a cut. incedently he taught me how to debone a goose and leave it intact, and stuff it with a duck stuffing , and when its cooked with sauces etc, theres nothing better of any birds, and you slice it like a boneless ham. RIP Leo

newhunterette
10-04-2011, 08:45 AM
some of these recipes come from other books as i was actually just going to list a orange onion deer liver recipe , which was what i just had for dinner and i thought its worth listing on here as it was delicious, for other hunters to use for free, which is why there are listed in here i think. I am saying this as my late stepfather was a 5 star chef/avid hunter, and when he died people tried to actually steal his own personnal recipe book which was made in several different countries, over a lifetime. listing secret recipes on here is , in my mind for the people of HBC to enjoy but , if someones going to take these recipes and use them for profit, thats another thing all together. then imo, they should get a cut. incedently he taught me how to debone a goose and leave it intact, and stuff it with a duck stuffing , and when its cooked with sauces etc, theres nothing better of any birds, and you slice it like a boneless ham. RIP Leo
Trapper, I am sorry for the loss of your stepfather, sounds like a man who knew his way around a kitchen. It's always a joy to have someone trained be your teacher, many of us do not have that in our lives. I will take your post to mean NO I may not use any recipe's you have shared, I am fine with that. It takes a lot to create something like this and as my original post stated, I will give credit to those whose recipes I use by attaching their name to the page. I have shared many of my own recipes, many of my family through the generations recipes with HBC , I have been told by so many people they don't like venison, flavour, texture, how it was prepared so my natural course was to do a cookbook to encourage an new kind of exploration for non-hunters and hunters to enjoy. I respect your opinion, I hope you respect mine as well.

feel free to use any of my postings as well. would be interested in hearing how it progresses and getting one once completed!!
Thank you Stinney for your support.
The project is going forward, takes time retyping recipes. I spoke to a few chefs and they have said writing a cookbook takes more time than writing a novel. I watched the movie Julia and Julie (about Julia Child), I hope I don't take as long as she did. The concept I decided on is always a work in process because i change my mind far too often but I'm very close to exactly what I want it to look like so it is a simple to use reference book.

LeviGirl
10-17-2011, 11:30 AM
Ohhh! Sounds like a great project...would love to get my hands on a copy when they are ready :)

newhunterette
12-12-2011, 06:16 PM
Curious.....would y'all be interested in a cookbook that had a section on dehydrated foods for the Alpine hunts?

nature girl
12-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Any ideas for food for alpine hunts would be great.

Farmer001
12-12-2011, 09:09 PM
Sign me up for one of those books

bowhunterbruce
12-13-2011, 12:54 AM
ali ,dont hesitate in contacting me when you have it done.i'm in for at least 2 and i.m thinkin i might have and idea or 2 as where you can possibly get rid of a few more.

Bear_Down
03-07-2012, 12:27 PM
absolutly you can I will send you some of my favorite ones including hawaiian jerki and hawaiian teriaki chicken.

newhunterette
12-14-2013, 12:40 PM
wow I guess Peter was correct in telling me I am a procrastinator, I didn't realize it had been 2 years since I began this, I was just doing little bits here and there on the book. Well he gave me a deadline. He gave me 2 weeks to finish getting everything together because he has some sort of surprise in store for my work. My 2 weeks are up and the title has been decided upon, the cover is in the midst of an choice in design and I think I have my pages all together, trying to just add some photos here and there to make it a little more visual.

Thanks to all who contributed and shared recipes with me, and gave me lots of advice along the way.
Ali

shadowhunter
12-14-2013, 01:25 PM
Im looking forward to seeing all these recipies! Put me down for one!

sparkes3
12-15-2013, 05:59 PM
i want one as well maybe two please let me know when they are ready.

newhunterette
12-18-2013, 12:25 PM
Officially completed "CULINARY SECRETS from the CABIN"

Rackem
12-18-2013, 01:57 PM
I'll have one of the books when done, and use whatever you wish of mine...Cheers!

___ooooops looks like I'm late to the party lol!

newhunterette
12-18-2013, 03:07 PM
I'll have one of the books when done, and use whatever you wish of mine...Cheers!

___ooooops looks like I'm late to the party lol!

As long as it took me I should start volume 2 and add ur yummers into it... :-)

Gateholio
12-18-2013, 03:10 PM
Congrats ! What sort of publishing route you taking ?

newhunterette
12-18-2013, 04:15 PM
Congrats ! What sort of publishing route you taking ?
Thank you so much.... I'm not sure ... Crazy thing I worked in printing industry for years but it has changed so much...I know someone mention doing an online version as well as hardcopy ... Right now it's in Peter's hands

swamper
12-18-2013, 04:25 PM
I can't remember if I have posted any recipes, but if so feel free to use them. You can put me down for a book once they are done. Loved the last one. I was just looking through it on the weekend. Take care Ali.

M.Dean
12-18-2013, 04:46 PM
Jeez, I think about the only hints I ever added as far as Cooking go's was "How to Cook Cowboy Beans on a Shovel" in Hunt'in Camp. Yes, it is a Culinary Art Form in it's self, Long Handled, Short handled, Flat Shovel or Round, it's not as easy as I make it look! So, what the Hell, you can Reprint anything of mine you like,put my Picture on the front cover if theirs room even, but, seriously, I really don't think I've ever posted anything that made sense or was worth the effort to read it, have I ???

trapperdan2061
12-18-2013, 06:37 PM
You can use any I have posted

newhunterette
12-20-2013, 08:01 PM
My surprise today.... 4 first run copies of "Culinary Secrets from the Cabin"

best hubby ever

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3711/11473114783_35db0d9663_n.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/94935762@N05/11473114783/)
image (http://www.flickr.com/photos/94935762@N05/11473114783/) by ioarana (http://www.flickr.com/people/94935762@N05/), on Flickr

eric
01-09-2014, 03:16 PM
Hello Newhunterette, are you selling those books?
If you are, how do I get one

Eric

betteroffishing
01-09-2014, 06:54 PM
my wife suffers from fibromyalgia as well as a few other complicating disorders so i hear you about its sometimes debilitating effects . she too has been led to believe that a car accident triggerred her symptoms . if you are selling these books , id buy one as well. dave

betteroffishing
01-09-2014, 06:59 PM
btw . i hope your feeling better . while youll never be cured , with management of symptoms your quality of life can get better. my wife is feeling better than she once did and while she still has bad days , they occur less and less every year , and while her retiring at 30 wasnt part of the financially secure future i envisioned when we began our journey together , having her home to raise our daughter has provided a different kind of comfort.

betteroffishing
01-09-2014, 07:04 PM
btw . i hope your feeling better . while youll never be cured , with management of symptoms your quality of life can get better. my wife is feeling better than she once did and while she still has bad days , they occur less and less every year , and while her retiring at 30 wasnt part of the financially secure future i envisioned when we began our journey together , having her home to raise our daughter has provided a different kind of comfort.

nature girl
01-09-2014, 08:14 PM
I would also be interested in a cookbook to.

newhunterette
01-17-2014, 06:39 PM
Yes, I will be having more books printed now that I've seen the finished product, I am quite proud if it....i was hit just after new years with that disgusting flu so now that I am feeling human again I'll be talking to the printer. If you are interested in a copy please email me at ioarana@aol.com......please put cookbook in subject line. Right now with the numbers I have interested they are working to be $50.
thank you, Ali

order will be placed beginning of February

mud-dog27
01-18-2014, 02:56 AM
I'd like to grab a copy so ive emailed ya.

newhunterette
01-20-2014, 03:05 PM
Yes, I will be having more books printed now that I've seen the finished product, I am quite proud if it....i was hit just after new years with that disgusting flu so now that I am feeling human again I'll be talking to the printer. If you are interested in a copy please email me at ioarana@aol.com......please put cookbook in subject line. Right now with the numbers I have interested they are working to be $50. (trying to figure out EMT) I should have added please include your username in email....
thank you, Ali

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3675/11473070416_205072e1bc_n.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/94935762@N05/11473070416/)
image (http://www.flickr.com/photos/94935762@N05/11473070416/) by ioarana (http://www.flickr.com/people/94935762@N05/), on Flickr

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3827/11473070836_5f31a792f7_n.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/94935762@N05/11473070836/)
image (http://www.flickr.com/photos/94935762@N05/11473070836/) by ioarana (http://www.flickr.com/people/94935762@N05/), on Flickr

newhunterette
01-20-2014, 08:32 PM
EMT for payment is now in working order....

or mail cheque.... Will provide address in PM or return email

BraveKnight
01-21-2014, 08:16 AM
Yes, I will be having more books printed now that I've seen the finished product, I am quite proud if it....i was hit just after new years with that disgusting flu so now that I am feeling human again I'll be talking to the printer. If you are interested in a copy please email me at ioarana@aol.com......please put cookbook in subject line. Right now with the numbers I have interested they are working to be $50.
thank you, Ali

How many pages/recipes are there in this cook book?

newhunterette
01-21-2014, 12:19 PM
How many pages/recipes are there in this cook book?
386 pages...approx 350 recipes

newhunterette
01-24-2014, 12:01 PM
Thank you Eric M. for believing in me..recieved your payment .... Book will be out to you as soon as printing is complete....

bowhunterbruce
01-25-2014, 08:03 AM
e-transfer should be there Ali, I'm so looking forward to its arrival and I hope your soon to be famous autograph is in it.

bhb

newhunterette
01-25-2014, 08:22 AM
e-transfer should be there Ali, I'm so looking forward to its arrival and I hope your soon to be famous autograph is in it.

bhb

:-) thank you so so much... I will be signing books :-)...

newhunterette
01-25-2014, 10:48 PM
starting a new thread with ordering information....

bowhunterbruce
02-01-2014, 05:14 PM
do you have a finish date from the printers, i've mentioned it to a Cpl hunting stores up my way and they cant wait to see it.

bhb