PDA

View Full Version : help with bears

liambobbi
09-04-2011, 01:11 PM
just need some of you guys to tell me were you are seeing bears in region 8 around penticton,ok falls and kelowna(8-9,8-1,8-12,8-10)around the 200 Fsr and 201 fsr been hunting hard seen no sign need meat for the freezer any help would be sweet thanks:-D

adamgarbett
09-04-2011, 02:16 PM
keep on looking, ive gone weeks without seeing bears then BAM!!! 4 bears in 20 min. Seems to be just how it goes.

The Silent Stalker
09-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Come to Squamish, I will show you where to fill that tag!

toyordie
09-05-2011, 09:10 AM
try higher up like on the connector pennask area ive seen a few in the last couple days but nothing lower in town. I think they move better because it is cooler up there right now.

Amphibious
09-05-2011, 02:56 PM
get up higher, where it's cooling off a bit.
look for cutblocks with good feed and some sun in the morning, shade in the afternoon.
work against the wind.
glass lots, and be paitent. doesn't take much of a bush to make a bear vanish.
maybe give some of the areas off Highway 3 a try?

and the #1 best thing you can possibly do..... GET OUT OF THE TRUCK.

BearStump
09-05-2011, 03:16 PM
get up higher, where it's cooling off a bit.
look for cutblocks with good feed and some sun in the morning, shade in the afternoon.
work against the wind.
glass lots, and be paitent. doesn't take much of a bush to make a bear vanish.
maybe give some of the areas off Highway 3 a try?

and the #1 best thing you can possibly do..... GET OUT OF THE TRUCK.

X2!! well said, get out of the truck and glass lots. first 3hrs of light and last 3 hrs of light are always the best times. Bears do dissapear very easily then reappear like vanishing frickin ghosts. I've wathched spots for hours.....then out of nowhere they just appear in front of me at the right time of day. They dont seem to come from anywhere or go away to anywhere, they just appear and vanish.