PDA

View Full Version : 4-7/4-18 Help

OutWest
09-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Hey guys. I just moved to Castlegar last week for school. I'm attending Selkirk College and taking the Forestry Program. I hadn't planned on an Elk hunt until the opening of Rifle Season in Region 8. My friend just called me up tonight and threw the idea of him bringing his bow up for the weekend. I've talked to a few guys who have been kind enough to show me some spots for the Rifle Season here but I really have no idea where to go with a bow. Hopefully karma will roll around my way as I've helped a few guys out on here. We're looking to go in either 4-7 or 4-18. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys!

Nick

Lillypuff
09-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Sorry man I can't help you but don't most people head to the Kootenays to hunt elk and not the Okanagan? I am not much of an elk hunter but is my comment correct? Isn't Castlegar where all the big elk are? I wish you nothing but success

OutWest
09-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Your comment is correct. We've got an annual Elk hunt we do every year Region 8 which is why I'm heading home for the opener. Thanks for the positivity though!

GoatGuy
09-02-2011, 12:09 AM
Easiest thing to do in that neck of the woods is look for the road closures. That'll point you in the direction of monster bucks and bulls.