PDA

View Full Version : Vernon area hunting

Casagrande
09-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Okay, this is probably a long shot but I just moved to Coldstream and I'm looking for some good local knowledge to point me in the right direction. Just looking to fill the freezer (much to Proguide's dismay I'm not a trophy hunter - yet). Humourous responses appreciated, but you'll be gettin' one back!
And I'm real good at keeping my mouth shut. Feel free to PM.
Thanks,
Mike

proguide66
09-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Just start chasing trucks..LOOOSER!:lol:..are you even working yet? or going to apply for welfare and highway hunt around midnight while drinking?:roll::lol::lol:

Casagrande
09-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Just start chasing trucks..LOOOSER!:lol:..are you even working yet? or going to apply for welfare and highway hunt around midnight while drinking?:roll::lol::lol:
What took so long? Might have to give out your license plate number! Might have to start my own roofing business after seeing your work. Miss ya buddy. And tell your girl to stop calling me, the wife's starting to ask questions.

proguide66
09-01-2011, 05:50 PM
What took so long? Might have to give out your license plate number! Might have to start my own roofing business after seeing your work. Miss ya buddy. And tell your girl to stop calling me, the wife's starting to ask questions.

I'll get the girl to quit calling you but you gotta get your kid to stop calling me on fathers day!!!:?:lol:

Casagrande
09-01-2011, 05:53 PM
I'll get the girl to quit calling you but you gotta get your kid to stop calling me on fathers day!!!:?:lol:
My kid's not an arsehole so he sure ain't yours, now screw off!

proguide66
09-01-2011, 05:59 PM
You should come back for a 'work holiday' as I just got swamped!

Casagrande
09-01-2011, 06:02 PM
[QUOTE=proguide66;971094]You should come back for a 'work holiday' as I just got swamped![/QUOTE
As long as there's a porch session involved!

urbanhermit
09-01-2011, 06:04 PM
this would be funnier if you didnt know each other :)

Casagrande
09-01-2011, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE=urbanhermit;971098]this would be funnier if you didnt know each other :)[/QUOTE
Its even funnier with Gatehouse around, I'm sure he'll be sounding off shortly and Gilmore too.

urbanhermit
09-01-2011, 06:09 PM
fun evening drive in vernon is out towards the Rise golf course, good herd of urban deer out there. saw a 3 horned buck out there last year..

Casagrande
09-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Haven't checked the regs yet on where you can hunt, but that surprises me. Maybe carry my rifle in my golf bag. FORE!

Fisher-Dude
09-01-2011, 06:41 PM
Coldstream? I hope you know how to play the banjo.

Casagrande
09-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Coldstream? I hope you know how to play the banjo.
With my feet, now give me a lead for chrissakes. I guess the CPR worked after the vote!

proguide66
09-01-2011, 06:55 PM
About 10 minutes past Lumby , climb to the top of the timbered hills on the left heading out of town...nice muleys up there , just have to stay out of private land. Nice whitetails around Cherrville as well ! Try not to shoot the nuts off your next deer...behind the shoulder is where guys 'usually' shoot em! Hike up the hill in the drk with a flashlight early am .

Left side of the valley between Vernon and Lumby is usually loaded in the spring..means their up there 'somewhere' !

GoatGuy
09-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Best to look for the non-timbered hills east of Vernon if you're looking to chase mule deer, white-tails pretty much everywhere else (some in the high country as well).

Good on you for getting out of hillbilly central.

Casagrande
09-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Ya, loving it here but those wingnuts in Spud valley are irreplacable! Thanks for the tip.

GoatGuy
09-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Ya, loving it here but those wingnuts in Spud valley are irreplacable! Thanks for the tip.

Need to head deep into southeast USA to find that level of inbreeding.

kebes
09-01-2011, 08:57 PM
If you're just looking to fill the freezer go up harris creek in october.

Casagrande
09-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Need to head deep into southeast USA to find that level of inbreeding.
So you've been through Pemberton!

Gateholio
09-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Its even funnier with Gatehouse around, I'm sure he'll be sounding off shortly and Gilmore too.

Gilmore took the kids camping, so his wife was at home alone....I've been finding lots of excuses to drop by, but he is returning tonight, unfortunately. ;)

wrenchhead
09-01-2011, 11:16 PM
Ten minutes from coldstream on left is nobles canyon, goes north and lots of nice Muley spots. And on the right of the highway is king eddy and Aberdeen hundreds of kms to check out with muleys and whites around every corner also the odd moose.

ufishifish2
09-02-2011, 12:51 AM
Ask Pointman. He was on here last year starting thread after thread looking for the same info. Said his wife was getting pretty tired of his failures or some such thing. Do a search on his threads and you will come up with tonnes of great places to hunt around Vernon.

uraarchr
09-02-2011, 07:05 AM
take Hwy 6 out of Coldstream and turn right up King Edward Fsr(KingEddy)lots of deers in your backyard.

Casagrande
09-02-2011, 08:17 AM
Anybody know if Pointman has ended his drought? Thanks for the tips everyone. Confirmed where I was planning to go and will be good to check out some ski touring access options as well.

thepitchedlink
09-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Pointman did end up drifting a mulie, I took him out once as well and showed him some areas....happy to do the same with you. I can help a bit with the touring as well, although it's not like the coast...if the log roads aren't plowed, your looking at a huge sled ride to get in,....if you have a sled. Light touring with x-c gear is really easy to find.

Casagrande
09-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Pointman did end up drifting a mulie, I took him out once as well and showed him some areas....happy to do the same with you. I can help a bit with the touring as well, although it's not like the coast...if the log roads aren't plowed, your looking at a huge sled ride to get in,....if you have a sled. Light touring with x-c gear is really easy to find.
Thanks for the offer! Got a sled for alpine touring looking for some good blower pow here, not that wet coast cement.