PDA

View Full Version : Port Renfrew Salmon Derby

Sideofabarn
09-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Anyone going to partake in the gong show that is the PR derby this weekend? By a stroke of incredible good fortune, I have a chance to go down. I'm leaving PG after work tomorrow, and will be out there by late Saturday morning, all being well. My buddy has a motorhome set up at the marina, so we will be joining the mess.

Piperdown
09-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Sorry wouldn't catch me supporting PRM, I hear it is a good place to hunt bears though!

Frango
09-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Sorry wouldn't catch me supporting PRM, I hear it is a good place to hunt bears though!

Just out of curiosty how come no support??

madrona sh
09-01-2011, 05:46 PM
I'll be in Pachena Bay camping with friends and family. Good luck out there.

IronNoggin
09-01-2011, 06:11 PM
I'll be in Pachena Bay camping with friends and family.

Try down in front of Nitinat and Hang ON! :twisted:

Cheers,
Nog

Piperdown
09-02-2011, 07:09 AM
Last straw was the bear fiasco. Have fished there and stayed at the marina since 1998 when Norm Smith ran it, great guy couldn't meet a nicer person treated everybody with respect, pay for a spot it is yours. So payed for my yearly spot as usual with the new owners. Come back after a couple of days off, 2 campers parked on my spot, can't even get into it, was told to park my truck out on the road and live with it, go down to my boat, another boat tied up to it, have a charter next morning have to leave at 4:30am go into office ask who's boat, they can't remember, was told to go ask around. So I have to go around the whole campsite asking everyone who owns the boat, finally find them and ask if they will be on the dock for 4:30, they where nice about it said they wanted to leave early too and maybe follow me out, no problem. Next day booked a spot at another place to stay and moved out. Referred numerous charters to Rex when he was trying to run a charter, still waiting for the referral fees :) Rumour has it Bud says I am not welcome back, but has never made an effort to tell me, no biggy will never go back. Sure miss Norm and the good ole days. These are just the facts on what I experienced there. Good luck hope you catch the winner! Oh ya and remember cash is king :)

robertmcallan
09-05-2011, 03:06 PM
ya the boat i was on won the derby with a 35 lb