PDA

View Full Version : Region 3 - Little Fort - Clearwater area

sdurango41
08-31-2011, 03:05 PM
Hi to all,
We are heading up to the Little Fort and Clearwater area for a week long trip and we would love to here what the deer populations are like. Mulie and Whitetail. Also what the moose population is like.
Can anyone recommend a good camping spot up there? Are the forest service sight ok? Are there tons of hunters or do you strictly see road hunters.
Any advice and or comment would be great.

skibum
08-31-2011, 03:41 PM
Saw two spike fork last weekend up from Clearwater

Jelvis
08-31-2011, 08:38 PM
Might have to go higher up and farther along the fsr's being early season and all. The local hunters already know where the low downers are.
Jel .. Clearwater and Lil Fort nice spots for deer and moose .. Scout it out!

odie1830
08-31-2011, 10:27 PM
Good area for camping , lots of lakes just off grizzly mnt. Your going to have to do your own work though! From one hunter to another, get up there and put your time in. You will have success. Good luck and hunt the back side of little siccily lake! sorry for the bad spelling but have fun.

odie1830
08-31-2011, 10:27 PM
The big boys wont be there yet

Wagonmaster
09-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Hey Durango, I'm heading up that way with my son. Hope we see some animals or he gets real grumpy. Does shoot the odd moose though, and good for packing meat, getting firewood, putting up tarps etc. Can't provide you with any info, as we've never been there, but I wish you luck.

Glassman
09-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Go west of Little Fort, head up the hill on the highway. About 3/4 of the way up the hill turn right on a fsr(forgot what it's called) there is a beautifull camping spot on Deer lake. Set up camp there and hunt around there. Got a mulie every year around there.

Laurence_Erickson
09-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Taaweel is the name of the fsr road at the top of the hill to the right ,deer lake is a very nice camp site .I even saw a deer there once :)

shadowhunter
09-04-2011, 10:32 AM
Just up on taweel last weekend, good sign but didnt see much just a doe and a few grouse, just past deer lake there is also a rec site on Lost Horse Lake we usually stay there for camping/fishing, there are also plenty of trails and other roads weaving throug the area that you should check out. best of luck.