PDA

View Full Version : Newbie on the block

duck stamp
08-30-2011, 08:37 PM
HI DUCK STAMP HERE Joe You guys really have a great forum here. Getting back to me I shot my first duck back in 1948 a wigeon drake so you came call me and old phart. I retired from Boeing a year ago so all I do is fish and hunt and work my 3 yellow Labs, down here in washington westside Sept 1 starts our early Goose season which I am looking forward to, we call them golf course geese all I do is sit along some river with about dozen floaters and wait works great for about a week. Any way I think this is a great Forum and all you guys have a great and safe season. Joe

Bow Walker
08-30-2011, 08:55 PM
Welcome Joe. I'm sure that you'll be a great addition to the site.

I was born in '48 - I guess that makes you a definite "old Phart" for sure.

I shot my first green-head when I was 18 years old. Shot my first double a couple years after that.

Singleshotneeded
09-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Welcome Duck Stamp, and have a good season yourself!

Philcott
09-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Welcome Joe. What part of the state do you call home? Everett area?

Foxton Gundogs
09-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Welcome Joe. You come from a great bird area I have sent a pile of Spaniels down to your area over the past few years all to great hunting homes. Look forward to your input and stories.

duck stamp
09-19-2011, 03:24 PM
I live in University Place Wa just west of Tacoma and south of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge Early in the season I hunt Willapa Bay down on the Washington coast later I head East down around Tri-Cities and then later I hunt the Columbia River for divers. I am all pump up this Wednesday my Momarch fatboy D P will arrive from Momarch. any way enough about me I think you guys have a great forum here I am glad I am a small part of it. thanks Joe

Phreddy
09-19-2011, 08:32 PM
Welcome to the site Joe. As a fellow old fart who is also retired, I keep wondering what happened to all the "spare time" that I thought would come with retirement. Living in God's part of the world (as close to heaven as I'm likely to get) I find I have lotsof opportunity to hunt and fish areas I've always wanted to check out.

fearnodeer
09-20-2011, 05:32 AM
Welcome, look forward to reading some of your posts

Islandbowhunter
09-22-2011, 02:21 PM
Welcome Joe! You're going to love the Momarsh, take a look at what Marc did to his, awesome hunting platform!

09-22-2011, 02:38 PM
Why is it everyone else has the cool names! Duck Stamp,,,,, I like that ,,
835,,,,,,, dumn. That what happens when you do things in haste.

Welcome to the site!