PDA

View Full Version : JR season region 3

BigfishCanada
08-29-2011, 08:53 AM
Well this thursday im taking my 10 year old and two 16 year old nephews. I know a spot that the bucks bed down and hopefully awake to my nephews scope!

be safe, have fun and lets start the season off with some kids tagging out! Ill be in region 3, if you see my black dodge, or hunting rig (Mitsubishi Pajero) come say hi!

Steeleco
08-29-2011, 09:10 AM
We'll be up the Barriere way looking for the same thing, hopefully the heat won't come back and the creatures are moving. Good luck.

4 point
08-29-2011, 09:48 AM
I was out early yesterday morning in one of my hot spots in reg 3. Saw plenty of mule deer including a young 3x4, a couple of 2x2's, lots of does with this years fawns. Bucks all in velvet and not to spooky yet. And 1 good blackie who was on the run. Good luck with the youth hunts.

BigfishCanada
08-29-2011, 09:52 AM
You know what, I think ill get him a blackie tag also,

coach
08-29-2011, 09:53 AM
Good luck to everyone! My daughter and I are really looking forward to Thursday morning.

M.Dean
08-29-2011, 10:26 AM
My Grand Son and his Sister are up for the week, we've gone out shooting the 243 and if Kato can shoot Deer as well as he shoots water bottles at 75 yards, there should be a buck in the Quad trailer on Thursday morning! We've been seeing lots of Bears, more Bears than Deer this year, no grouse yet, but I'm sure there out there some where! I think this year we'll try to find him a decent 4 point, there's a real nice 4 point hanging around my buddy's place, and he lives right in the middle of town here! We took the car today cuz Grandpa was real sore this morning from being the passenger on the Quad yesterday, so I'm not sure how much riding I can handle this year,and if we do get a Buck down that we can't get the Quad right too, I've got a list of guys up here that I'll have to call for a hand! It sucks being all screwed up, but at least I can still get out a bit, so that's better than not getting out at all! Good Luck to all the new young hunters getting out for there first Buck, and Dad's, take lots of pictures and if possible, have your Video Camera rolling, it's some thing they can watch for years to come, and maybe even show it to there Kids!

BigfishCanada
08-29-2011, 10:32 AM
Marv, I hope you get yours thursday and we get ours Friday. Ill see you this weekend!

PS, Sorry about your pain, i hope you overcome your situation soon!

4 point
08-29-2011, 03:59 PM
I only saw 1 grouse yesterday. Cool, wet & longer than normal spring probably hurt this years chicks big time. Lots of bears for sure bigfishcanada and right around your cabin for sure.

aliagha
08-29-2011, 10:23 PM
GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE FUTURE BIG GAME HUNTERS!! i will be going on my third and final youth hunting season with my dad. the plan so far is to leave lower mainland on friday morning but the haven't decided on the place, i wanna hunt our usual honey hole but apparently dad has found out a new place up near Bonaparte. I really wanna hunt southern region 8 and have the possibility of getting both a whitey and muley buck. Whats the white tail hunting near bonaparte like??? has anyone shot one from tht area??

3kills
08-29-2011, 11:15 PM
i m takin my 11 year old daughter out on thursday mornin. plan was to hunt region three till she tags out and then hit up region 8. i have 5 days off to do it before she goes back to school but with the warmer temps might just hit one thursday with any luck and then go camp and enjoy the weekend and and wait till lil later in the month for region 8

BigfishCanada
08-30-2011, 09:25 AM
Theres some whities up Bonapart, of course not like region 8 but they are there. Goto the hills above the farmers fields

M.Dean
09-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Well this thursday im taking my 10 year old and two 16 year old nephews. I know a spot that the bucks bed down and hopefully awake to my nephews scope!

be safe, have fun and lets start the season off with some kids tagging out! Ill be in region 3, if you see my black dodge, or hunting rig (Mitsubishi Pajero) come say hi! I did meet BigfishCanada this morning with the new young hunters,and yes, I said Hi, and boy has he got a story to tell!!! Congrats to the New Young Hunter!!! And yes Chris, there's White Tail Bucks in that same area!!!

BCHunterTV
09-05-2011, 10:48 PM
how make out?