PDA

View Full Version : GoldBridge Area??

Dale
09-05-2006, 09:08 PM
Starting to look for some new area to hunt and for some reason Goldbridge (MU 3-32 & 3-33) caught my eye. My father in-law used to hunt up that way years back but hasn't for about 10 years. Said he used to hunt around Relay Creek. Can anyone give me some more up to date info on the area? Looking to try for mulies and whiteys and maybe a spike moose at the same time. Thanks in advance for any info.

ZENYO
09-05-2006, 09:20 PM
Hi Dale,

I just got back from Bralorne (right beside goldbridge). We saw a ton of game. We drove up Thursday evening and 3 bucks jumped out of the bush right in front of us. A 2 and a 4 point, I couldn’t make out the otherone... It was night and still Aug so there was nothing we could do. Saturday, we saw a couple of more bucks but we couldn’t make out the points clearly. The game seems to be quite spooked. I talked to the fire warden and he told me that there was no logging done this year so maybe the hunting traffic has them spooked a little. We saw about a dozen does, quite a few ditch chickens and a monster cow moose... It was nice! Everything we saw was sown low. This was my first time there, Initially I had planned to go to carpenter lake but thought it would be nice to try something new. I’ll be going back in October.:D

Jelvis
09-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Dale; Relay creek is still there, I know 3:32 Carpenter Lake at Gun Creek is good,and there is a campsite there by the main road, good deer range is found above the main road ,above the lake, between relay creek, where it meets the lake,and gun creek, you can't go wrong for muleys in that area, above the main road above the lake. That lake ( Carpenter) Is raised by a dam the water level has gone up and the grass land is under some water, so the deer come down above the lake. If you got 4/4 and like taking rough road chances and want a chance at a moose ( Check regs) and good deer along the ridges go to the head waters of the Yalakom, If you don't have horses or like hiking for miles stick with above Carpenter Lake. Thats what I would do for a mule deer buck hunt, that is in a good looking setting. Take your fishing rod too I thinks gun creek is still good (check fish regs) Take some pictures if you go. I hope I helped you some Jel Other guys will hopefully offer you info on this area as well.

Dale
09-06-2006, 01:57 PM
thanks for the info i;m definetely going to check it out this fall.

rollingrock
09-06-2006, 02:13 PM
I heard that's good area.

TravisC
09-08-2006, 10:04 PM
2 buddies of mine went there for opening bow season went up through bralorne and goldbridge spent 3 days roaming through and came back with not so great reviews. only saw a spike where they could arrow it but passed too early to take a spike.

ZENYO
09-08-2006, 10:24 PM
My weekend in bralorne was pretty good. On thursday night, the drive up (aug 31) we saw 3 bucks... Friday.. Nothing. Saturday was great, we saw one 4x4 with another buck but spooked into the trees to quick for a shot. about 6 does and one big cow moose... Everything we saw was down low.

Do bucks hang out in groups a lot when they are moving? This is the first time I've seen bucks together like this...

Jelvis
09-09-2006, 02:17 PM
Zenner; Good question on your oservations and deer down low is a relative term for sure. Informative info keeping also, days, date, types of animals and what some did after your seeing them. I would have liked to know the weather conditions a bit too because weather conditions are hunting conditions, next one, on that. Bucks are in their first stage of pre-rut just got or getting all the velvet off those status symbols he carries. Bucks will still be in some bachelor groups (bucks together) either related, twins or cousins or friends until they get into heavy rut ( Oct 20 th and on approximately) Sometimes a two point will be a tag a long with a dominant buck being very subbordinant all of the time. Deer join together in small herds during mid fall rut(nov).Does with yearlings and fawns offspring. About bucks moving in groups, yes, could stay in one certain area or move in a group to a different location. Deer in that area Gun Creek, will migrate down when they get at least a dump of 10 inches of snow up around the top half of the hills, I.e Relay mountain and Mt Sheba. I saw a dominant mule buck which I missed when he was running down and away from me in Nov in reg 3 with a rack way passed both ears, wide, and a two point was running after him trying to keep up, I kept following, saw the 2 point but the Bad boy was in the thick stuff, gone. Thanks for your post on GoldBridge Area, and will see how we do in 2006 season.

Fred
09-10-2006, 04:16 PM
You guys hunting the upper Yalakom be careful. A friend of mine was stalked by a Grizz several years ago and that trait may have been passed down. Also it wouldn't hurt to watch for mineral outcrops up there, especially gold,silver and copper. You just might hit it lucky! :mrgreen: Fred