PDA

View Full Version : Muskwa/Tuchodi water levels mid Oct?

Lt
08-28-2011, 04:24 PM
I was thinking of running up the muskwa and Tuchodi rivers this fall. Can't make it there till oct 15th. Is the 15th to late? Is there enough water to get up and down? Is ice up a possibility at that time? I'm not looking for hunting spots just want to know if it's worth my efforts or is it to late. Any information is appreciated.

Rock Doctor
08-28-2011, 06:50 PM
Too Late.
It can and has been done, but you're pushin it

RD

2SHALLOW
08-28-2011, 09:10 PM
Did it two years ago, got froze in not fun... Friends of ours had to whinch there boats on shore and called a heli to pick them up, not cool. Water is trickling out of the tuchodi that time of year....

Lt
08-29-2011, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the replies, i kind of figured so but wanted to confirm.

Rock Doctor
08-30-2011, 09:53 AM
Don't let us stop you, you can still probably get part way up, or camp at the mouth and walk.
The Gatho is only another half hr up the Muskwa, and is a nice spot, easy walking.
Another half hr past that is the Kluchisi, also a nice area.

While it is risky, by that time of yr, the rut is over and the 6pts are all grouped up and wandering along the river.
Some guys that run that late have heated intakes on their boats to help combat the ice.

RD

Lt
08-30-2011, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'll discuss the options with buddies. wanting to use new boat, it's always an adventure.

palmer
09-06-2011, 10:00 AM
You must have GREAT buddies to do that with YOU

Living in the Peace
09-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Tried it once Thanksgiving weekend, ended up under a sunk boat at the "Pearly Gates" wasn't much fun,definitely don't recommend going that late .Only saw one boat on the river ,there wasn't alot of help available.The help from the outfitter was great and very much appreciated.