PDA

View Full Version : Canal Flats area butcher shop

waserwolf
08-27-2011, 09:11 AM
Hi Fellow Hunters

My hunting buddies and i are making our annual hunting pilgrimage to the Koots in Sept.

Please suggest a good butcher shop that would store meat should we put an elk on the ground.

thanks.

Seth
08-27-2011, 02:02 PM
Try the search function on this site. You will find that there are addresses and phone numbers for the couple that are in the area from previous threads a few years back. I know because I just searched the same thing a couple days ago.

bigben
08-27-2011, 02:09 PM
Butcher shop in cranbrook and you might find one in invermere but other than that rent one of the u haul outlet for a week and keep your animals cool with a generator good luck bring tee shirts and shorts and lots of bug spray hot hot hot hot

Ddog
08-27-2011, 02:17 PM
there is not one butcher shop that i know of that will store the meat for you without cutting it. are you looking to get it cut or just hung, and what did you do in years pst if this is an annual trip?
cheers...D

waserwolf
08-28-2011, 10:34 PM
there is not one butcher shop that i know of that will store the meat for you without cutting it. are you looking to get it cut or just hung, and what did you do in years pst if this is an annual trip?
cheers...D

Never got one in previous years, just got a feelin this year.

I called one shop.........$175/day/qrtr to hang in cooler...........yikes!!!!!!!

Looks like only option is for the guy who shot it, head home to process it.