PDA

View Full Version : Spot for salmon in hope

anethema
08-27-2011, 04:45 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows a spot to go for salmon fishing around hope that isn't insanely crowded where I could come mid day and catch a few.

In most of the spots right near town any path to the river seems to be shoulder to shoulder by 5am.

Just here with the parents for the day so was hoping I could go a ways up a dirt road or something and fine a less crowded fishable spot. Anyone have any idea ?

tinhorse
08-27-2011, 05:31 AM
when the river has been a little higher ive done well at the mouth of silverhope creek for sockeye and when the pinks were in thick absolutly slayed the one year i tried it there. caution it is a little snaggy bottom bouncing so if it is pinks your after and there is lots of them you may try a pink/blue blue fox spinner with a couple of split shot or float fishing. AGAIN THOUGH i have only fished that spot when the fraser has been higher than normal.

anethema
08-27-2011, 06:34 AM
Cool. Ya looking along the map looks like the river is near the road a lot so there must be a good few good spots but I dont know the area so figured I'd appeal
To the wisdom of the forum!