PDA

View Full Version : Reel Repair

mijinkal
08-26-2011, 02:13 PM
Where's a good place to go for reel repair near Langley?

I'm having some problems with my reel lately and it's keeping me out of the river :( I've dismantled it, lubed it up, and re-assembled it and the problem still isn't fixed so I'm looking for an expert to take a look at it.

Maybe somebody here can help me solve the problem without me taking it to the shop.
I have an Abu Garcia Ambassadeur reel and when I push the button to cast the line, the spool doesn't release. It used to work every few casts, but now it simply doesn't release it at all.
Nothing looks broken inside and I've followed a few guides for assembly to make shure I cleaned and assembled it right. Any ideas what the problem could be?

swampdonkey
08-26-2011, 02:26 PM
try mikes reel repair in abby

darrin6109
08-26-2011, 02:34 PM
Riverside Fly and Tackle in Poco has an in house repair guy.

lip_ripper00
08-26-2011, 02:48 PM
www.rodandreel.ca Russ is Abu factory authorized, good guy but might a tad busey :wink:

Steeleco
08-26-2011, 03:22 PM
I had a similar problem with my 6501 last week. Under the winding area inside there's a little "J" shaped hook, mine had come disengaged and wouldn't activate the spool after it had been cast, I popped it back where it should go and all is good. Maybe yours has gone the other way and won't let it free spool??

mijinkal
08-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the replies guys!
I'm assuming all the shops are crazy busy these days but I'll see if they can do something for me at the shop while I'm there. I can take the reel apart in seconds now and re-assemble it just as quick so maybe I can di it in front of somebody that knows the reels. I know it's just something simple that I probably have installed wrong and they will probably point it out to me right away. If it all works out, I'll be out on the river again tomorrow with the kids.

Cdn-Redneck
08-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Try Express reel repair in abbotsford. i had good luck with him and a quick turn around to get back fishing.

ruger#1
08-27-2011, 08:02 PM
Try looking for a exploded diagram of your reel on the net.

Mr. Dean
08-28-2011, 02:42 AM
x2 for Mikes, in Abby.