PDA

View Full Version : The legal issues behind shed hunting.

12 Gauge Slugger
08-26-2011, 08:48 AM
So I've got an interesting topic. I never keep any parts of animals around the house unless it has a tag number or a permit. So of course sheds don't have anything. I contacted one person and was informed that anything harvested from crown land is government property, and therefore if you find a shed on crown land it must be surrendered. Another person said don't worry bout it. So what's the group opinion?

Stone Sheep Steve
08-26-2011, 09:03 AM
Here in BC you can keep all the sheds you want. If you find a dead animal(eg a decent ram) and the province deems it more than a $200 value then they won't give(ie. "sell") you a permit for it. If it's value is less than $200 then they will give you a chance to buy a permit and keep it.

SSS

KB90
08-26-2011, 09:19 AM
As SSS explained that person is wrong.

You can pick up and keep as many sheds as you want.

hoochie
08-26-2011, 01:09 PM
your not harvesting the antlers, your fining them. lots of people pick them up. Think of it as "finders keepers". there is nothing moral or ethical, legal or otherwise to do with it.

d6dan
08-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Here in BC you can keep all the sheds you want. If you find a dead animal(eg a decent ram) and the province deems it more than a $200 value then they won't give(ie. "sell") you a permit for it. If it's value is less than $200 then they will give you a chance to buy a permit and keep it.

SSS

$60. for a permit

elkdom
08-26-2011, 04:40 PM
As SSS explained that person is wrong.

You can pick up and keep as many sheds as you want.

EXCEPT in PARKS, no pikkee upee! sheds or anything else!

GRIZZEZE
08-26-2011, 04:44 PM
as long as it is not attached to a skull you are good to go. We got stopped by a CO and I had found a elk shed, all he wanted to see was the base to visually confirm that it had fallen off naturally and all was well

Glassman
08-26-2011, 08:31 PM
I found a nice mulie rack on a half eaten carcass. I phoned the co office and they said I can have it. Axe the head off at the neck. When I get back in town bring it to the co office for lookie at. He looked at it and ran a metal detector over it. Then said "here you go and have a nice day"